We Wait!! As you may have guessed, we are still "PATIENTLY" waiting for our submission date. We have completed an updated dossier and have it ready just in case we do get a date. Our facilitator suggests that maybe we will be able to file with the 2009 list that will hopfully come out in November (I'm sure some of you actually understand what that means).
It seems like the country has more to worry about at the moment than pushing through these adoptions. I mean, Georgia and Russia are at war in Ukraine's back yard. Remember, Ukraine is realatively new to being independent and free from Russian rule. Let's remember to pray for these countries and the citizens who are or will be affected by such strife. There are also several families over in Ukraine and several hoping to travel really soon and I pray for their safe arrival/return/ and adoption.
On a personal note, the whole "nesting" thing has hit me hard! I have been pulling things out of closets only to put them back in there more "organized" than they were. My carpets have been cleaned, my front and back porches have been stained, there is not a weed to be found in the yard. I have been wearing my poor husband out. He is suffering from his own form of "nesting" though. He has even agreed to walk with me in the afternoons, so as to be ready to walk around Ukraine (when we finally get there, his idea)!! That's like moving mountains to actually get him motivated to get up and going on something that doesn't have a motor (or four legs) under it. Tennessee boys!! Even the dogs are going with us walking in the afternoon!! They are as excited and anxious as we are. We are all waiting on the phone to ring.
Until later...
4 comments:
yes, I know what that means! :) enjoy the nesting... the way I see it, it needs to be done so if it helps you to do it now, all the better! praying for you and for those in Ukraine and for us all...
Hey! I was finally able to find your blog! I saw that you posted on my a couple times, but your link would always give me an error! Anway - so excited that you are adopting! Can't wait to follow your story!!
Hey Knee, I am praying that things work out for you guys sooner than later. I miss you and know that you two will be wonderful parents.
How exciting! Good be prepared!
Post a Comment