Monday, October 20, 2008

Update On Our Delays...

Well, have any of you been able to submit your dossier to Ukraine without any glitches? We haven't. I just found out from our facilitator that our dossier will be declined because one of the medical statements for us had a "scribble" on it! Yeah, that's right. There seems to be a scribble near the date of one of our medicals so the SDA will reject our dossier. The reason we know this is that we had the possibility of submitting today, so our facilitator was at the SDA with our's and others dossiers in hand. We were unlucky in that we did not get to submit, but we were able to have our dossier reviewed. At quick glance, this seems to be the only problem. So we are having our doctor resign the medicals for both Jim Bob and myself. We are going to both sign and notarize our copies so that when we find out who's meds were wrong, we can overnight them to Ukraine. Knowing how Ukraine is with "overnighted" materials, we will pray that the paper gets there in time to be translated so that we may still submit our dossier Monday the 27th. Keep your fingers crossed.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear its being reviewed, too, and will pray along with you that this can be corrected quickly! Such an exciting time! You guys have really hung in there. :) I think we're all in the home stretch now!

ArtworkByRuth said...

Yes, the SDA seems to delight over finding the smallest of errors, even if it's a wording preference! Praying to hear of your submission (and ours!) soon! God Bless!

MoserUpdates said...

I would also suggest writing everything in blue ink so it isn't mistaken for a copy...I've heard of that being a problem, too. It's exciting to hear you're a step closer! I'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain and we are not even at that spot yet! Great positive attitude! Wow, what a process eh.

K said...

What I say to you, I can say to myself, "hang in there!" I am excited to hear the news on the 27th. We are waiting to find out when ours will be submitted, too. I wish we could have had the benefit of our dossier being looked over. That is a blessing!