It has been three weeks since we submitted and I am now just waiting for our travel date. I feel so relieved that we did get submitted this year, as if a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, yet now I feel that I still don't know anything concerning our advancement. Don't get me wrong, I was lucky enough to submit this year when many families are still waiting until next year to submit and I AM relieved. I guess now I am more anxious because I know there is an appointment coming to me, but I'm still having to wait for it. Anyway, our 30 day deadline from the date of our submission will be Christmas Eve! Hopefully we will know by then if any other problems have arisen or when our date will be. I got my Thanksgiving wish of getting to submit, perhaps my Christmas wish will Sigh.. will I ever be satisfied with the info I'm given?!!
So.. we are just waiting on our date and looking forward to the holidays. This year, Christmas day will be sooooo quite. We are doing my family's holiday get-together on Wednesday and Jim Bob's family's get-together on Friday. A full holiday of just sleeping late and enjoying each other. I guess we will need it, considering that this will be our last Christmas (hopefully) that we are without kids!!
Just a little update on what's going on for us. Keep your fingers crossed.
5 comments:
The wait is hard! I think news appeases us for a short time, but then we go back to worrying about the next hurdle. We did the same thing. Our hearts ache for our child/ren, so it is only natural to long in anticipation. We pray that you receive news soon!!
The waiting is the worst part. I used to hate the weekends because I knew I wouldn't be getting any news out of Ukraine at all! :) We'll be praying for an awesome Christmas present.
Oh Conethia, Yes, the waiting is absolutely the worst part, but we are waiting too. Our dossier was submitted in February, and then September again, and then there were the updates that were needed. Our final paperwork was submitted on Monday and were were suppose to have a date then. No news yet. It doesn't get easier, but it is just part of the process. I keep being reminded that when this is all over, I won't remember the wait. I'm right here with you!
Know exactly how you are feeling! We were submitted on Thanksgiving! Our son is coming Saturday night for another hosting visit and we can't wait. Hopefully we will receive travel news soon, and hoping you receive yours soon as well. Although having our son here for Christmas will be a wonderful gift, we are also hoping to hear some news before he goes back to Ukraine.
Natalie
www.adoptyaroslav.blogspot.com
hello, we are currently in ukraine adopting our two boys...what age of child are you looking to adopt?
blessings
inna
email me maranatha220033@yahoo.com
Post a Comment