Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Whew!!

Finally, things are in order. Well, kind of anyway. We have the three basic needs collected and ready to proceed with our adoption.

1. SDA Appointment
2. Money (new bills waiting in the bank)
3. Flights

Friday we booked our flights to Kiev. We leave Monday, February 23rd at 11 am from Nashville and arrive in Kiev on Tuesday, the 24th at 10 am with a short layover in JFK (New York). I feel like if we ran out of time and have to leave, at least we have the basics are lined up. Sign of relief. It's not a big accomplishment, like bringing our kiddos home but after months of worry, anguish, and doubt, I'll take it. Now we are working on the "little touches" to make everything run smoothly. I have started working on my scrapbook collage to take with us, showing our family, friends, and home. (I am a perfectionist, so it's taking longer than I would have thought to get just the right photos in the right place.) I know the family is on pins and needles when I'm around, waiting for me to pull out the camera. I am also debating on painting the kids room. I know, I know. I said I would wait and see if I came home with boys or girls and then let them decide. I can't wait. I am also rearranging the living room and "spring cleaning" again.

Anyway, I think we are facing the "calm before the storm". We are taking our time, doing little by little. Definitely in no rush for anything. We really don't know what to do right now. We are just waiting again, but it's a good wait. Only 6 1/2 weeks until the appointment. Wow!

Just a little update to let you know we are still here preparing for February 26th.

10 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

I think you should give yourself credit. You've accomplished quite a bit in such a little time. After talking on the phone, I know you've done more than you think. I really couldn't give you advice that you didn't already know or read somewhere else. You are going to be fine!!

I cannot wait to follow your journey to Ukraine!! I'm so excited!!

Carrie said...

You are so organized! It sounds like you are nesting! Perhaps you can do everything in the room other than the colors. You can let your new child/ren pick out the comforters/paint etc. I know, this is such an exciting time!

Unknown said...

I think you're doing great!!!

DEFINITELY paint now!! I cannot imagine painting once home :) There are plenty of colors that are equally fun for boys/girls. Stripes and polka dots are so popular now and go for both... I'm just brainstorming here. Characters can be added later with accents to personalize, ya know.

You are so smart to SIMPLIFY your home now, create an easy order - have as little extra junk around as possible. Not so much for them, FOR YOU. Mary could care less but it makes me feel sane to have less to keep up with and mess with.

I'm so excited for you guys!!!!!

ArtworkByRuth said...

It will go fast! You should paint now, I agree! Neutral if you can and decorate when you get back!
Put a countdown at the top of your blog so every day you visit you think "wow, only X days left!"

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Not a big accomplishment? Yes it is - it's a big step towards your family so enjoy it!! You'll be on that plane before you know it :)

Jennifer

Tami said...

Its called nesting! :) A sure sign you're about to bring some new little ones home. You're doing great. Enjoy the prep time...pretty soon you'll have some new kiddos enjoying their freshly painted rooms! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Now that I have found your blog I will keep up with your adventure.

K said...

Good. You will be ready! :) I bet all this "work" you are doing is so fun and rewarding! Yea, it is getting closer for you!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys! And Aunt LB will be coming into TN around the 9th of April and then again around the 9th of May so we will have to make sometime to get to see your babies. You guys are still in our prayers as you still have a long road ahead of you, but at least now you can breathe a little easier. I love and miss you!

Natalie said...

Just think, you'll be at my level of hyper drive in just about two weeks! I keep setting my alarm and then getting up about 90 minutes earlier each day, and I can't fall back to sleep. Of course, I still have a million things to do, etc...

Natalie
www.adoptyaroslav.blogspot.com