Monday, March 23, 2009

We Have...

...accepted a referral for a sibling group!!

We are very excited about these kids. They are a 7 year old boy, Yuri, and an 8 year old girl, Helen. The reside in the Kyiv region about an hour from the city's center. It's a wonderful orphanage and staff. I forgot to check which town it actually is in. I do know there is another couple in the same town adopting a 7 year old boy from the same orphanage. We hope to be there and meet the kids around noon.

These kids actually became available today and we feel that this is indeed the way God intended us to go. We had hoped for a sibling set before leaving for Ukraine. We are both so excited about meeting these kids and pray for the best.

Yuri actually reminds me of our nephew and Helen (poor thing) looks like Jim Bob, at least that's what our facilitator and the lady at the SDA said! They are both very well mannered and are really precious.

Thank you to all who have wished us well. Your thoughts and prayers have been heard by us all.

Until tomorrow...

26 comments:

Debora Hoffmann said...

I can't wait to hear more! They sound darling. :-)

Jarka said...

that´s so amazing!!! I keep praying for you all...it will be fine now :)

Zack, Jenn and William said...

This is exciting news - I pray that these are indeed the children that God intended for your family all along. Praying for a good first meeting!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

How Exciting!!!!!! Can't wait to read more!!!! Best wishes!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys, wonderful news. We'll be praying that your meeting with the kids goes well and that you'll move forward in the process. We have court on Thursday and hope to be home on Friday. God bless!

Unknown said...

For some reason when I read this all the hairs stood up all over and I got a chill of excitement! This sounds absolutely perfect and wonderful. Praying hard for all of you! :) :)

Doriana Gray said...

Good Luck! A leap of faith for you, I pray it works out.

ArtworkByRuth said...

YES! So glad you had a good referal today! Praying your process goes quickly! Email me if you need resources while in the area to save on costs!

adopting2fromUkraine said...

How exciting! I know of someone who found their children on the third appointment.

We'll be praying for you.

June

Tami said...

YEA!!!!! Can't wait to hear more! :)

Stefanie and Bill said...

YIPPPPEEEE!
Eager to hear about your first meeting.
Stefanie

... said...

How exiciting! I hope you have a wonderful meeting! I will be watching for the next post.

Blessings!
Lisa

Christy said...

How exciting! Hope you have a great first meeting.

Carey and Norman said...

As you know, we couldn't be more excited and thrilled that you received a referral for a sibling group. I cannot wait to hear about your first visit tomorrow. We will pray that tomorrow's meeting goes exceptionally well and you are able to begin the adoption process to bring Yuri and Helen home. We are thinking of you and anxiously awaiting news of tomorrow's visit!

KO said...

Congratulations. We don't know you but I have been following your blog, and am so pleased with your exciting news. We have turned down referrals before (we have 2 adopted boys), and I had the utmost respect and admiration for your decision to take your previous comments down. Your attitude is wonderful and you are a glory to God. We hope we can have the same positive attitude when we soon travel to Ukraine for our 3rd boy.

Three Little Jewells said...

Congratulations! I only recently stumbled upon your blog from another adoption blog but I've enjoyed reading it.

Your new children sound lovely!

Kelly at Three Little Jewells
http://www.threelittlejewells.com

Monika said...

very happy for you. Hope you will have wisdom and unity as you make this huge decision. May it be indeed an easy choice. I thank God for how he has shown you his mercy and grace trhough this whole process.

Mike and Gail said...

Praise God. Praying all goes well.

Trisha, Duane, and Family said...

How exciting!!! I had a really good feeling when I read your post. Sounds as though everything will go very well for you two...uh...I mean four;-). Many Blessings...Trish

Karen J said...

Hi, I have been following your blog and was excited to hear that you chose a sibling group. We returned a month ago with 4 sisters. THere are plusses and minuses with a sibling group. Can't wait to read more!

kelly said...

So exciting!! Congrats!! I can't wait to hear more!!

Heidi and Felix said...

Way to go! The third time IS a charm!

Carrie said...

Congratulations guys. We could not be happier for you. We will be waiting to hear more about your first meeting.

adoptedthree said...

Prayers have been answered! Welcome to Parenthood a wonderful place to be!

K said...

Praise God, you sound great and so excited, that is wonderful! I pray that all goes just as He plans it to go and that you and Jim Bob feel at peace! Can't wait to hear about the meeting, and hopefully pictures? :) Jen

Monika said...

Wishing you all the best! Looking forward to reading your next post!