Just got in touch with the district judge in Ivankiv. She is currently really busy with a criminal case and doesn't have time to work us in her schedule for our preliminary until next Tuesday. We just seem to be getting the raw end of the deal all around! So, after 5 weeks we are still no closer to coming home than we were to begin with. Just our luck! I'm not pointing fingers here. I know convicting a serious criminal is more pertenent than hearing our adoption case. At least we will get to focus on our kids for the next 7 days. That is a luxury we didn't have for the first 4 weeks here. I'm eating up my maternity leave from work. I was hoping to have a full month with the kids at home before returning back to work. Aaaarrrggghhh!
Ok, that's said. At least the weather here is getting nicer. The sun is brightly shining and the temperature is in the lower 50's! Back home, they were having temps in the mid 30's! Ha Ha. We made the trip back down to TGI Friday's to drown our frustrations in american cuisine, or as close as you can get here. We went with the fajitas and nachos. Yum! It helped a little.
So, probably won't be much to report for the next week while waiting for our preliminary court date. Thank you for your encouragement. As soon as we get close, I mean actually in the court room, I will try to let everyone know.
Thanks...
11 comments:
Hang in there. You are in my my prayers.
Thanks for the update. Hope your visits are fun and fruitful.
Tammy
Drat! That stinks. We'll keep you guys in our prayers. I know how tough it can be to be there, with no end in sight. As much as you enjoy learning about your child's native country, its still not home. Enjoy TGIFridays...;>)
i was praying for you in the middle of the night, which i think was around the time you would've been finding all this out... so sorry you got pushed back again. you're sure not having an easy time of it over there! but in the end you'll have your children... overall, a pretty good deal. :-)
praying...
- michelle
Hi Guys! During my two Adoptions in Ukraine, I always said, "Most likely today, but probably tomorrow, but then again, there is always next week". I find it interesting how Governmental offices only work this day and not that! I know you will think this sounds crazy...but after you are home, you will miss things about your time in Ukraine. Promise. Enjoy the time with your Children, as this time will never be again. Thankfully you are in Kiev and not a very remote area! See, there is always an up side:O)
Hugs! Stefanie
Sorry to hear of the delay. I know how ready you are to move forward and begin your journey home. God must have other plans for you (Ukrainian missionaries perhaps).
Just enjoy your time in country with Yuri and Elena. It is something you'll always cherish and have stories to share for years to come.
Thinking of you and praying for your court hearing!!
When you come home, settle in, and watch your children flourish; you will see the "setbacks" and the drama was all worth the wait. Hang in there. Can a co-worker donate leave time?
Sorry for the wait. If it makes you feel any better, we were in Ukraine for 5 weeks before we had our court date and we were just on our first referral. Our hold-up was the Christmas holidays. It's no fun waiting no matter what the reason.
Hang in there! Before long, you'll be home and looking back on your adventure:)
June
So sorry to hear of your delay. I hope you can spend time with the kids, while you're waiting, waiting, and waiting.
So sorry guys. We thought we were getting the raw end of the deal at 4 weeks. I can tell you that once you do have court, you'll feel wonderful. Try and push your facilitator to get the judge to do the preliminary and regular hearing at the same time. That's how we did it and as long as you have the paperwork from the SDA giving you permission to have court without them they shoudl be able to do it.
Continue to trust in God because He is always faithful. While the setbacks are difficult for us emotionally, we have found that God has opened doors for us to serve and reach out to other people in Ukraine. We will pray that as you "wait" God will give you opportunities to serve Him.
Post a Comment