Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Final Court Is Friday...

Today, we had our preliminary hearing. Things could have went a lot better. You wouldn't belive me if I told you how our hearing layed out. Without getting into too much info, we do a final court hearing and the support of the director, inspector, juvenile director, and SDA. Oh, and of corse the kids.

We did spring the kids from school at lunch time and took them out for french fries at the "rest-o-ron". We had to try 3 restaurants before we found one with fries. Try that in America. They ate two large helpings of fries, some chicken with pineapples and cheese on it, and some Coca-Cola to top it off. Great, nutritious meal, right! Oh yea, I forgot about the popcorn and cookies that Yulia gave them and the suckers that we brought. They sure can put it away!

Tomorrow, the kids are coming to Kiev! They are going to see a play that is composed from a Russian poet's poems and we are going with them. The idea of the orphanage director. I told you she was cool. We will help "oversee" the kids. What a great way to spend a day.

Until tomorrow...

13 comments:

Kevin and Tammy said...

Congratulations. So glad to hear that things are finally moving in your direction. The Zandt's will be back in Kiev tomorrow also. You might try to touch base with them. They had some heartbreaking news.
Tammy

Carrie said...

Congratulations on FINALLY getting your court date. I am so sorry it has taken so long. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time getting to know your children. How fun that they are going to Kiev.

Tami said...

Sorry you had a rough prelim. We'll keep praying for a smooth appearance on Friday. How in THE WORLD did you find French Fries in Ukraine?! :)

Carey and Norman said...

So glad that you have a court hearing scheduled. I'm also excited about your trip to see the play in Kiev. I cannot wait to hear more about your time together and the play. This will truly be a memorable time for you and the kids of your time together in country. Remember to keep your tickets for their scrapbooks!!

Unknown said...

Well, I'm thankful you have everyone's support - that is what matters. Can't imagine what could be the problem, with all that?? Praying you forward.

It's wonderful that you get to join the kids for such a fun activity - I think bonding must be really affected well from all this time spent in their "native" environment, ya know?

TreyH said...

Fries!? OMG! Spoiling them are we?
Sounds like things are going great except for the wait. Keep up the ole spirits, at least an end is in sight. I made the mistake of checking our China referral forecast for our login date (04/06). September now! It just keeps getting longer (4 years) Blah! - You two stay safe and good luck.

Trey

TreyH said...

Oh yeah, almost forgot. The kids will be needing a cat when they get home. I happen to have several to choose from. They will probably be needing two cats. Should I send pictures of the cats so they can decide which ones they want? :grin:

Trey

adopting2fromUkraine said...

We'll be praying that the final court goes well.

You mean it was hard to find 'kartohful free'? I have no idea why they call french fries that. I've asked several people including our daughter what they are 'free' from? I guess the potato skin. LOL

June

Sheryl said...

So happy for you! Sounds like a good day. They are very proud of their heritage, especially some poets, whose names I can not remember, some of them were punished and sent to Siberia in Russian occupation days. Praying ya through. Blessings

ArtworkByRuth said...

Congratulations on making it through the first grilling! The second hearing for us was much more focused on O than us. Other than the judge asking us three times if we were really sure we wanted such a difficult child...we escaped scrutiny. Unfortunately, O did not! Praying for your final court hearing! God Bless!

Natalie said...

Good luck with your final court hearing. Hoping it goes much better than the preliminary seems to have gone. I understand your desire not to post anything about it until after the final court hearing, if at all.

Natalie
www.adoptyaroslav.blogspot.com

K said...

Awesome news about the hearing and the upcoming court date! Have fun at the play and begin to devise plans to keep them away from Coca-Cola and junk food when you get home. Liera would be happy to drink the sugary tar for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! :) Well, you don't actually have to devise a plan, just decide on when it is ok to have Coke and then stick with it. Also practice saying no in a nice but firm way! God bless, Jen

Kimberly said...

We are praying for you guys and hope to stay connected when we return to the states. We hope to pick up our referral tomorrow and go for a visit on friday. Words of wisdom? :) Thanks for sharing your story, it has been a blessing to share in this with you guys!