Even though its been quiet, we have had a lot going on. Jim Bob's birthday was Sunday so the kids and I made cupcakes for him. They loved icing the cupcakes and thought the sprinkles were too much! Aizley has cracking eggs down to an art. We then bought him one of those Hallmark cards that lets you record your own message in them. I managed a "happy birthday to you, Papa. We love you!" in the short time alotted. He had tears in his eyes when he heard it!
Monday was my birthday, although I had to work! My mom watched the kids since I was working and Bob was called in. They stayed with her all day. They saw my dad's "big red" (ie. big rig) and went with Dedushka to the Dollar General where they found carmel flavored sunflower seeds! They love any type of sunflower seed. I guess it's better then chocolate, right!
We have decided to enroll the kids in an "extended school" program for the summer. Extended school caters to kids having issues with english and math and helps them work on basic foundation skills. It's only 3 hours a day and lasts for four weeks. We think this will help them feel more at ease, especially Colton. He is apprehensive about starting schoola in America. Hopefully, he will be able to make a few friends that will encourage him in the fall. Aizley is more than excited to go to school and counts down the days until she starts. I hope she keeps that attitude for school.
Otherwise, the kids are still exploring their surrounding. Everyday they try something new and continue to blossom. Here are some pictures of our everyday adventures.


This is what an angel looks like! My little fake sleepers!

Aizley and this cow have connected.

Papa and his babies!!
3 comments:
oh great! I´m so happy that you had wonderful week :) :)
Happy Birthday to both you and Jim Bob! I had no idea your birthday was on Monday (I owe you lunch)!
I loved the update and photos. The one of Aizley and the cow looks like the cow is standing on the fence. I had to take a second look! Funny stuff!
Glad to read everything is going well. Happy birhtday to both of you!
Post a Comment