Like Saturday, we had a wonderful morning where the kids enjoyed some outside time while moma cleaned the bathtubs and mopped the floor. They are really beginning to hate going outdoors. I must say that I believe the southern humidity is the culpret. They will go outside for 30 minutes and will be drenched in sweat! It's often hard for us to accumulate to the southern heat. Just wait until August gets here. Poor guys. I told them for battling the heat and exercising a little, they could have push ups. Look at them go!

Although the day wasn't really that bad (weather wise) I decided to try going to the matinee. They were amazed at the big screen and all the animals that came to life in the "Night at the Museum". It was a cute movie and Ivan the Terrible was one of the characters brought back to life. He even said a couple of Russian phrases that Aizley thought was the coolest thing in the world!

Cousin Treyton and Aunt Murphy came along for the ride. What a great afternoon. They asked to go back to the "moo bys" on Sunday!
Then, for being good in Church on Sunday we got happy meals from Mickey D's. How could faces like this be anything but sweet, right?!

They are beginning to understand that doing special chores around the house gets them "american dollars". Here is a picture of Aizley working hard for her dollar.

(forgot to rotate, sorry)
Colton decided to help give Daisy the dog a bath for his dollar. I think moma and the floor actually got the bath :)

All in all, we had a wonderful weekend. School is still going well and they love packing their snacks the night before. We have gotten back to our quiet schedule and it works. I guess having nothing to report is sometimes a blessing in disquise! I love my little guys!!
3 comments:
How wonderful that they are adjusting more and more to their new culture. :o)
Isn't that the truth! You're so right - that's how I feel - if I don't have anything to report, we're doing well. :)
So glad to see you guys doing well. You are one awesome momma!!!
Natasha
Glad you are doing well. I do not like the humidity either and I grew up here :o)
Loved the photos of them doing chores for dollars...I'll have to remember that!
Post a Comment