

The past couple of days they have just been pouty and whiney at the Turner's. Sigh. The kids have had such and exciting couple of weeks I think they are just overwhelmed, with school and lots of extended family time. We are taking a "time out" from extended family for a couple of days to see if we can get back to where they feel "normal" again. Both of the kids have went to bed early the past two nights for some much needed sleep. They have woken up brighter and ready for their day. Hopefully this is the solution to their fussy attitudes.
Some activities seem to go over well with the kids and allows them some personal time during the day without any distractions from the other kid or the parents. Puzzle time is a big favorite of Aizley's and since the Dollar Tree has puzzles, it's a big favorite of mine, too!

They are also loving these robot games. Remember Kacey the Robot? We had one given to us along with a Leap Frog Leap Pad (Thanks W's). The kids love to interact with the toys and I'll catch them singing the alphabet song which is something they won't really do for me. Just look at them play. They carry on like this for hours.

They have also taken a touch of hay fever. Pa Riley has rolled all the hay in the pasture next to the house. The kids get a kick out of trying to push the monsterous rolls around the field. Look at my little goofballs...

Ah, those summer nights!
6 comments:
How sweet! I agree with the "vacation" time. If Eli has a busy couple of days he starts to get cranky. So I schedule an at home day to let him play around the house at get back to normal. Sounds like you're having a lot of fun! That's part of the key of happy kids :)
I love the photos!!! they look so happy and the last one looks like it was taken during real "summer night" of my dreans...I loved to play with hay rolls when I was smaller...actually even now I enjoy playing with them :) it´s such fun :)
I wish you good luck and I hope that everything will be "normal" since now :D :) have a great day :)
How fun to go hay tipping :o)
I think school is very overwhelming. This is where we saw most of our regression. It is funny that after being out of school only a week, I have noticed more affection from our little one.
Sorry I didn't call about lunch. I promise we'll go next week. I have tons to talk about!!
The hay pictures are great! Sounds like things are going well, you all are taking it in stride. We know that it isn't perfectly easy transistioning into a family with older children, so much to learn about each other! Keep working hard and PRAYING! God knows what He is doing!
Hey girl! I've been reading all your blogs, but sometimes don't have time to comment, other than in my head... :) Thank you for all your encouragement - you're the best!!!
Sounds like you guys are doing really well. Set backs like this are normal even for bio kids, so no worries. I know that my bio kids, even before we adopted, wanted to go home and stay home on the weekends instead of going to see extended family. And other times they would just want to go somewhere, as long as it wasn't going back home...so you just watch for those times, like you are doing already, and you'll be just fine.
Something I have been having Oksana watch is "The Letter Factory" by Leap Frog - it's a DVD that you can get at Target - it teaches kids all the letters and their sounds, which is GREAT. I used it for my bio kids and it looks like Oksana is doing fantastic with it as well. That DVD taught my son his letters and sounds when I thought we were never going to learn them. :)
Anyway, just a fun thing for them to watch.
Did you already register them with the Ukrainian Consulate? We're still waiting for SSN - not sure why it's taking so long...
Natasha
Playing on the hay looks like so much fun for a kid! Set backs are totally normal for all kids! I always know when it is time to pull back on the stimulation...the fighting and whinning begins! Summer is difficult because the routines aren't so rountine anymore!
Post a Comment