Monday, August 10, 2009

Progressing...

The first week of school came and went. Whew, I'm glad that one's behind me. The kids did wonderful (as I knew they would but was still apprehensive about.) We are working (still) on getting additional language help but have had some progress in that area. The school board agreed to "bring some one in" (insert YEA's here) so now we only have to find someone who speaks the language to bring in. We are looking into the local colleges but, hey, progress is progress. Really, the kids are doing amazing with the work they have been given. On Colton's practice spelling test, he actually spelled 7 words correctly!! I was jumping with joy. They worked so hard, with "little" complaints, we tried to just enjoy the weekend.

Friday after I picked them up from school, we went to the park to have snacks and release some of our bottled up energy. I think I have forgot to mention that Aizley now has some rather cool glasses to help with her astigmatism. She looks so grown up with them on, don't you think?


Here they are enjoying the playground Castle.



Colton showing off his amazing leaping abilities.


Watching the "wad-ding" ducks.


So... school is going well and the kids really have worked on bonding with us. We have noticed the kids will pour themselves a drink or go to the bathroom without asking for permission. They will now voice their opinions about what they want to eat or watch on tv without saying "what you want" (meaning whatever you want to do/eat/watch). Small changes, but improvements non the less. They are becoming more true to their personalities as well. Colton is getting so affectionate now. He will run up to me and grab my arm and lead me around Wal Mart. Such a goofy guy. Aizley definately takes after her Papa with her stubborn attitude :)


But we're lovin' it!!!

9 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Glad school went well. I enjoyed all the photos and am glad to hear that Colton has become affectionate. What a blessing! It is always good to see our children learn to trust us and become more attached to us.

Looking forward to meeting for lunch this week!

Kelly said...

Congratulations on a successful first week of school!! Isn't it great to see them settling in to their new life? You're right - then you start to see their 'true' personalities shine through. What fun!

Unknown said...

great update :) :)

Kevin and Pam said...

The glasses look really cute! You can just see how happy they both are. ;)

Stefanie and Bill said...

I am so happy that school went well...its amazing how resilient children are! Aizley's glasses look outstanding on her! She looks so grown up. I see the biggest change in her (physically). It did my heart so much good to see the last pic of you with them! Everyone looks great!

ArtworkByRuth said...

Congratulations on such progress. It is so hard to get school "just right" in the beginning. Praying for wisdom for you and accommodation from the school!

Carrie said...

It is so nice to have an update. I have to get around to posting one. I am so glad that school is going well... and so glad you are getting some extra support with their English! It's so funny you say Colton is affectionate and Aizley is stubborn. I would have guessed just the opposite. I can tell that you guys are enjoying your new family!

K said...

It is wonderful to read about your progress and great to see the fun pics. I love Aizley's glasses, I hope they make a big difference for her! Grady got his glasses today, so I will have to take a pic and post it tomorrow. Enjoy week #2 of school. Believe me, they will BLOSSOM in English at school, you will be amazed. Jen

junglemama said...

All of you-- keep up the great work!