Other than Colton having "ants in his pants", we have been having a wonderful holiday. The kids each picked out and bought for "angel tree" babies and it was a joy watching them get so excited to pick out toys and clothes for other kids. It took them hours getting just the right gifts for these kids they have never met. They wanted to get "good toys" for them and "cool" clothes. It was precious watching them give without the slightest regret, although there was one or two "Santa could get me one like this'" thrown in there!
We finally got the house decorated and several of our presents wrapped. Both the kids thought it was the best thing in the world having more than one package under the tree! They each took turns wrapping their presents to each other and hiding them behind other presents so it would be a bigger surprise on Christmas! Aizley even managed to put up a tree in her room. I gave her the box of decorations and this is what she came up with. Great job!!
Colton will get his up when he can sit in his seat at school even though I let him put up christmas bears and stockings and door decorations all in his room. I need some type of motivation for him. He did help with our tree as well but he gets a bigger thrill out of wrapping presents. Yeap, I took the time to find everything it's own box and wrapped all the little things individually with the help of that little stinker. Pajamas in one box while the bathrobe and slippers are in another. Finding the big boxes for the bed comforters and body pillows was a challenge but you should have seen their faces when I placed those under the tree! It was instantly worth all the effort I put into it. Times that attitude by a family of 20 and two kids who have taken as much joy in wrapping presents as I have and this is what you end up with.
Thank goodness that part is over with. Now, if Santa could just get some help with his gift wrapping...
We woke up Saturday to a very nice little surprise. A white December morning! Somewhat of a rarity here in TN. The kids couldn't wait for the "real snow" to fall. I'm thinking "kids, this is as good as it gets here!" They had fun nonetheless. Even the dogs got into the spirit.
I did go Saturday with Aunt Murphy to Murfreesboro to finish up her shopping. We are all trying to get gifts that people can use or need this year and we are both doing pretty well at it by getting jackets and pants, JCPenny towels and the such. Now, if I can just get through Aizley's birthday party next Sunday without someone duplicating a present or a truck load of toys I'll be in business.
"Party on, Wayne!"
4 comments:
Wow, your tree is beautiful and look at all those presents! I know Colton and Aizley are excited about Santa's visit. I think it is so sweet to see their enthusiasm. Children do make the holidays more special!
Enjoyed reading about your trip to Chattanooga too. I don't know how I missed that post!
That cannot be your daughter in that picture!!?? :) That is a little model or something! I'm serious :) That's not the same little girl???
Look how long her hair is getting!
Looks like you guys are having fun! The kids are looking so grown up! We're having the same behavior stuff at school. Hang in there! They aren't going to be perfect robot children. I feel like if he isn't hitting - I am happy. They seem to have adjusted so well! Keep posting! We enjoy reading about your fun!!
Post a Comment