The kids have made so many changes in attitude and effort over the last 4 months especially. Aizley is developing a teen attitude already. She is quick with her snappy remarks that often get her in trouble, but she is able to realize her own "uglies" which makes her "alone time" more understandable to her. Colton is still laid back but is allowing his "lazy" side to come out. We have to stay on to him about paying attention but he will do what's being asked usually without too much complaining. See, typical kids :)
They are also showing extreme interest in Jesus and the Bible stories about his many miracles. Don't get me wrong, they know Who Jesus is, how important God is in our lives and that it was God who brought us together as a family and they thank Him regularly for our family, food, and fun. They are begining to ask questions without being provoked, wanting to read the Precious Moments Bible story collection they have and paying more attention in Church. There newest thing is realizing that you have to go to Church if you do something wrong, like telling fibs. Cute story, Colton did the littlest thing, I believe he was telling us what he ate for lunch at school and misspoke. Of course, we didn't know what he had eaten so we continue preparing for dinner. All of a sudden, Colton looks up with big eyes and says "I lied! I had _____ for lunch. I have to go to Church!" It's cute moments like this that lets us know that his is getting it. Such a proud moma!!
So, as usual, we tried to do something fun this weekend after tackling the homework handful of the weekend. We decided to take advantage of the 60 degree weather and headed to the Jungle Jym with cousin Treyton and Aunt Murphy for a "pick nak".
There was a lot of people at the Jungle Jym so our pics (and time) was limited. We then headed to the mall and found the boys some matching outfits for Easter Sunday. Heads up, Colton is so excited about his tie like Papa's and I must say, both my guys look handsome!!!
3 comments:
I need to go to church too! We need a miracle.
How cute! About the test taking skills, O is learning them too! She thought I was crazy telling her to put into song all the facts she had to memorize for her final this week. I smiled to myself when I heard her signing American History to the tune of her favorite Russian song-after I left the room of course!
Can you even believe it - 9 months! I'm with you, sister - it seems like it's been MUCH longer than 9 months! :)
Any plans for your 1-yr Anniversary? That's just around the corner!
Post a Comment