Monday, February 22, 2010

Two Week Wrap Up...

All is moving right along in Turner Town. The past two weeks have been, well, pretty good. The kids are back in their "groove" and their just hasn't been to much to blog about, so I'll share pics!

I was "elected" to throw Colton's Valentines Day party at school. We made huge heart cookies and let each kid decorate their own cookie for the party.

We then made animals out of hearts and created puppets. Finally, we decorated our own valentines day bags with glitter and stickers for the card exchange. We threw all that into a 35 minute party! Wasn't quite as much time as I was originally allowed, but overall the kids had fun.

On Sunday, Valentines Day, the kids were surprised by little gifts.

New boxers for Colton, which I might say was the gift of all gifts! He has tried wearing the same pair each day! He loves them! Such a ham!

Aizley got some purple tulips from Papa and she felt so special! I finally made her throw them out last Sunday. They had mold growing on them! They also got some Tinkerbell and Bakugan Papers to draw with. To make the day perfect, they were able to stay at Nana's house that night! So much fun!


We recieved around 4 inches of snow on Valentines night, so no school for the kids and no work for Moma. It took me around 25 minutes to go 3 miles (no plows or salt trucks), so I turned around as soon as I could and headed back home. We watched "I Love Lucy" reruns and pigged out! Way better than sitting at work :)

Aunt Murphy and I decided to take the kids to the Circus last Friday (with the help of some kids enter free coupons). They were pretty excited, can't you tell?!!

They had a ball watching everything that was going on. Colton's favorite was a 9 yr. old girl who was able to spin 75 hula-hoops around her body, although the elephants pooing got quite a laugh out of him! Aizley was really impressed with the dogs that did tricks! It was pretty dark, but some pics came out ok.




The weather was beautiful Saturday! Aizley and Colton were asked to babysit so we went to the park to play.
The kids and Braxton.


A pic of Colton and Aizley before Colton tried doing some death-defying stunt (thanks to the circus) and flipped over somehow while slidding and ended up slidding down on his face. No major injury! A nice little scratch on his forehead and a bruised ego. He was right back at it in no time.



Sunday, another beautiful day in the mid 60's, the kids stayed outside ALL DAY playing by themselves. They had a picnic, played spy, basketball and swinged. No pics for that day. I didn't want to disturb their flow. After they came in, we played Scrabble. I totally recommend this game to any other parents who are woking with their kids on spelling words. I thought it might be a little too hard for the kids, but they took to it and became so intense in playing. They try spelling the biggest word. Colton walked away with RULER last night to be the winner. Of course they ask "how do you spell..." about a million times, but they are trying and doing pretty well.

Educational and Fun, can't beat that!!

2 comments:

Kevin and Pam said...

My kids love scrabble too! Some of our other favorites are LIFE, Apples to Apples and Monopoly. We like to play on Sunday nights and we call it "Family Game Night" the kids really look forward to it.

junglemama said...

So awesome to read how well your family is doing! What neat cookies!