Thursday, the kids were out of school due to the "boil water advisory" that was issued for our county as a result of the horrible fooding that hit in the Nashville and surrounding area. If you haven't heard about the unbelivable amounts of rain that hit western and middle TN last week, you should really research this. The latest reports where that there was 20 feet or more of water inside some of the buildings in downtown Nashville! So, with the kids being out of school they had to trace along with me Thursday as I traveled for work. This would have been an amazing pic if I could have avoided my reflection in the mirror.
After a hard day of tracking people down, waiting in their office, calling them on the phone, etc., we stopped for lunch. Such a crazy bunch!
Friday, no school again. Depite a day of tears off and on for all those whinny, "I'm bored", "I don't want to" reasons, we successfully made 3 batches of homemade cookies for all the grandmother's in the family.
Saturday was soccer. Eveyone is happy on soccer day ;) We had a huge fan base come out to watch the game. Babushka and Dedushka were able to make the trip. It was a good game between the two teams although they tied 0-0.
After the game, we had a cookout at the house for Babushka. The kids couldn't wait to give her the beautiful Tiger Lilies they picked out for her and the cookies.
Sunday was my day. Earlier in the week, Colton had made me a paper tulip. He colored it as best as he could (a big accomplishment in and of its self). I cried when he said to turn it over. He had written "To Moma, Love You, Colton". It was my first actual mother's day craft and the first time he had written "love" on a paper he had given to me! I was over the moon, and still am!! Aizley missed her art class in school, so she drew me a beautiful flower and wrote on it with her best cursive writting. She is more liberal to tell you she loves you but don't think I didn't cherish the picture. They both have places in my scrapbook.
Then, Colton said he wanted to fix me breakfast. He is becoming so affectionate towards me. I love it!! He made me maple syrup oatmeal (microwaveable kind) and a piece of toast. We all three split some oranges while watching the 3 stooges. What a great morning! Of course, it didn't go exactly as smoothly as I had hoped. There were tears before leaving for church. Although the kids were able to pull themselves together for the remainder of the afternoon and I was able to get some decent shots of the day. (You'll have to forgive my husband, Bob can't take a centered photo to save his life!)
The kids took turns taking the next two pics. Hunny, they've got you beat!
We then headed down Nana's to eat Sunday lunch with her and just hang out!
What a joy it is to parent these two! I love you crazy kids!
5 comments:
Awh - what nice, nice pictures! You are one gorgeous momma!!!
Happy Mother's Day!!!
Natasha
Sounds like you all had a wonderful time! Try to dry out up there, we'll send you some of this Texas heat, if you'd like.
Natalie
adoptyaroslav.blogspot.com
TX
Happy Mother's Day! I'm so glad you had such a special weekend. Colton and Aizley are just too cute and I am still amazed at how much they've matured and grown over the last year. I can't wait until they visit me again!
Happy Motter's Day! I love how you hung out!
Happy belated Mother's Day! Sounds like life is getting better and better, praise God! Isn't that the goal? :)
Post a Comment