Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer Haze...

Things have been moving along rather smoothly for the most part. Lazy summer days, right?! No big plans set in stone, no expectations needing to be fulfilled. Just taking the days as they come, enjoying all those little moments like dropping the kids off at Nana's and them stopping at the door to shout "I love you!", watching them try very hard to expand their minds, to figure things out on their own, strolling around their garden, letting them tell me all about their day. Man, I'm taking all that I can in and I'm loving it!!

We have been spending the days outside as much as the constant scatter thunderstorms will allow, learning to really ride our bikes without the training wheels and working in the garden. Each of the kids have picked one thing they really wanted to grow and are working very hard to keep those seeds cleaned and the weeds pulled. Colton had to have corn, Aizley decided on tomatoes but was able to cheat with a couple of those Topsy Turney planters. We are spending an hour or so a day on homework, practicing our reading skills, learning our multiplication tables and working on english worksheets we were given. Don't worry, most of our day is having fun, going to the community center down the road and riding our bikes on the pavement, playing on the baled hay in the open field and at Nana's and Babushka's house. Of course, the grandparents are on cloud nine about that!


This is how we cool down on those humid afternoons! Water gun fights!


Last Saturday was the last soccer game of the season. The Undertakers came in Third Place. Colton was voted the MVP. He has already said he can't wait for the fall session to start again.



Summer time allows for some of the best photo oppertunities. The skies are always so bright blue, the contrasting shade providing a much needed oasis from the heat. As I have said before, I love capturing the kids as they play, sneaking up on them. That's when you get the best pictures! Also, pictures make the best gifts, don't you agree?! We gave each grandparent a digital frame portraying pics of the kids as they grew over the year for Christmas. They were such a big hit. Each grandparent proudly displays the pictures for any and all who come by to see. The kids love having their pictures taken as well. I guess when you look this good, why wouldn't you want to be captured on film?!
My beautiful Aizley!

Colton, what a cutie patootie!


More summer fun to come...

4 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Don't you just love summer? Wish I could spend my days at home with the kids even though I know they enjoy their grandparents houses.

Great photos!

Kevin and Pam said...

Looks like your kids are really growing. How nice that you can kick back a bit for summer. Unfortunately, we aren't going to be able to let up with school much with Justin. He has a long way to to catch up to his grade. I know if we let up he will forget everything he has learned. If we even go a couple of days without doing math he forgets. :(
I love the last couple of pictures of the kids. The blue sky is breath taking!

Natasha said...

Wow, Aisley's becoming such a little lady!!! How does that happen?! :)
Gorgeous kids.

Carrie said...

Just stopped in to see how you are doing. Congratulations to Aisley on the award. That is so awesome.

What a perfect summer. Nothing to do but play. That's how it was when I was a kid. That's how it should be. Enjoy!