Our holiday started out with big plans. We were going to take the kids to the Fiddler's Jamboree in town to listen to the national championships of the "Fiddle Off". We were going to have a very elaborate 4th BBQ on Saturday with tons of family and friends and mountains of food. We were going to go swimming on Sunday with the family and then to dinner and a movie on Monday. Well, it didn't quite happen that way. Thursday night, Aizley started complaining of a headache. By Friday, she had reached a temp of 103 so off we went trying to find a doctor open on July 2 at 4pm. Needless to say we ended up at the ER. By 8:30, we found out she had Strep Throat. We must have caught it very early since she had no signs of a sore throat. We spent the rest of the night washing bed sheets, Lysoling door knobs and toliet handles, boiling toothbrushes, etc. We are all trying to stay "germ free" as our 1st family vacation is coming up on Sunday. I must have really rubbed off on Aizley, the germ-a-phob that I am. She asked for her own bottle of Lysol that she carries with her EVERYWHERE so she "won't spread GERMS and make everyone sick for our vacation"! She has locked herself away in her room, which was initially fun for the first day. She is doing so much better. She hasn't had a fever since Saturday morning. Her throat is no longer "scratchy" and she isn't constantly tired. She and I stayed home for the entire weekend while Papa took Colton out as much as possible in hopes of preventing any further "infestations". With the guys gone, I convinced Aizley to bring her blue chair into the living room so we could watch the Dollywood special (that's where we are going) that was on Hallmark which featured Miley Cyrus. She, her blue chair and her can of Lysol all watched with excitement.
By Sunday night, she was as perky as can be. We decided to go ahead and cook the meat we had bought, all 20 pounds of it, for the family. Aizley stayed inside with all the Babushka's and Aunt's while the boys played outside. Here are some of the kids in the pool...
Baby Braxton enjoying a balloon...

Then, it was time for the "big show".
Look who decide to come out of her room for a while, note she brought her blue chair with her.

She even enjoyed a sparkler as Uncle "Booger" (don't know how he got that name) helped them to get sparkling.

Despite the not so good pic, here is the firework Colton had to have. It was called Hot Potatoe. He got such a kick out of the name.

Papa picked out some pretty nice fireworks. I think this is a neat shot.

Of course, no gathering would be complete without a goofy Cousin Treyton pic. What a goofball!

Despite the sickness, we had a great time with family. Everyone left with enough leftovers no one was cooking on Monday, that's for sure. We are looking forward to our time together this upcoming week. Pigeon Forge, here we come!!
6 comments:
Sorry to hear that Aizley was sick and wasn't able to fully celebrate the 4th. I'm glad you were able to get her antibiotics so quickly. I'm sure she'll be feeling 100% by this weekend! I know you are looking forward to your vacation!!
Ugh! I feel for you, no fun! Glad she is better for your vacation. We have had a summer of accidents by our one son. He just got a bb out of his eye and now he has a possible broken foot. :( The dr. won't know until next week. I guess we were suppose to stay close to home this summer.
Isn't that the way it happens? Big plan=sick child(ren).
Looks like you made the best of it and had a great time, regardless.
Oh, you one wonderful mama!!!
I've been meaning to comment on this one for a while but haven't had enough energy in a while...
We're still doing well, and I still can't believe it! :)
The kids are growing up really fast - can't believe it, looking at the pictures... Wow!
Love the pictures! The kids are getting so big! Wow, time sure does fly!
Well well great minds think alike. The kids and I were in Pigeon Forge with my whole side of the family the 5th through the 7th. We went to Dollywood as well. Then I had to leave my babies there and come back to go to Jamaica for a medical mission. I hope Aizley was fully recovered for your trip. I miss you!!
Post a Comment