Monday, November 22, 2010

In All Things Give Thanks...

Remember the reason behind this season. Remember to be thankful for ALL the WONDERFUL things God has blessed us with. How often do we take for granted the warm showers we have each day, the availability to pop a frozen lunch in the microwave at work, or the peace of mind knowing that the blown head gasket in my car is covered by the extended warranty that I begrudgedly purchased over 3 years ago? Do we always express our thanks for the things others do for us daily, the gifts that God has laid at our feet?

For the little one who wakes up moody after spending the night before at a friend's cookout and not getting the allotted 10+ hours of sleep she requires each night but gracefully recovers before lunch and offers to help with anything she can. For the girl who doesn't truly understand the concept of death but quietly waits at the funeral home with a smile on her face while her Papa gives his condolences to the family who has lost their matriarch despite her wish to get home in time to watch the Hannah Montana movie on TV. For the one who struggles to control her mouth and attitude and cries when she says something to upset someone else. For the precious one who loves so easily and has overcome a mound of obstacles in the 18 short months that she has graced our family with love indescribable. Dear Lord, I thank you!!




For the little guy that is the class clown, the one who has so many friends and gives his snack away to Mr. Kenneth the ESL teacher or to Miss Myla (one of his 5 girlfriends) everyday yet constantly gets check marks for not paying attention in class and talking out of turn. For the goofy guy who loves to burst out in a wiggly dance while giving the dogs a bath which is punishment for the above mentioned check marks. For the one who struggles so hard with social studies but loves to help cook with anyone who will let him. For the dude who has burst out of his shell and developed his own personality all his own but would spend all afternoon helping Nana dust without being asked. Oh, how thankful I am!!



For the kids who add so much life to our house. For the ones I check in on every night before I go to bed to make sure Colton's night light is burning bright so he doesn't wake scared in the middle of the night and to make sure Aizley's glasses aren't still on her face from reading. For the bright smiles that I think about every day despite the silly little things they do that I over react about. For the ones whom I tend to always find something at the store for even though I went to find myself some new socks. For those moments when walking through the door at the end of a long day to be greeted by "how was your work, mom?" or "do you have groceries?". For all of those tiny moments, Thank You!!



For the amazing family who, despite our fusses and "uglies", still stand by one another, who always kiss each other goodnight and who feel lost when one is away. Jesus, I thank you!!! I truly am blessed in all that I've been given!


Praying you all have a great Thanksgiving!!

The Turner's

8 comments:

The McEacherns said...

A great deal to be thankful for, huh? Happy Thanksgiving!

MoserUpdates said...

Love it :) Glad to see things are still going great. I can't believe how much they've grown!

Carey and Norman said...

Great post! We do have so much to be thankful (makes the other things no so important)!

Great fall photos...you have a beautiful family!

Stefanie and Bill said...

WOW! Awesome post! Beautiful children that are getting so BIG!! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Kevin and Pam said...

Love your photos! Your kids are growing so much and becoming even cutier everyday! Yep, lots to be thankful for.

jrkarlen said...

I certainly hope the Turners have a great Thanksgiving. We all have much for which to be thankful. Thanks for the great post!

Drew and Rita said...

So glad to know that all is well. Happy Thanksgiving.

Carrie said...

What a nice post Conethia. You also have quite a way with your camera. Great pics!