Monday, July 18, 2011

Passing The Time...

In just two short weeks, the kids will be starting their 3 year of school since coming home. I'm blown away at how far they have come and all the accomplishments they have achieved in that time. I love their strong will to do good in anything they do, should it be learning how to braid hair or how to swim as instructed by their instructor. I pray that they are able to maintain that drive as they get older, especially as the new school year approaches.

I realized that throughout our busy schedules, we haven't taken much time to enjoy our local parks. It is tradition of sorts to go to Rock Island for lunch every summer and we had yet to make that happen. So, we loaded up and headed to the park for a day of hiking and swimming in the lake.

I just love the way waterfalls turn out in pictures. So wonderfully magical!!

My two favorite little people sporting their tie dyed shirts. Cute, huh?!


With the hike over and lunch finished, we headed to the sand bar. No rocks and a slow decline makes for nice, warm water and tons of fun.


My two seeing who can jump the furthest "just one more time."

Of course our day didn't go completely smooth. On the way back to the car, while carrying a floaty in one hand and a towel in the other, I took a nose dive in the parking lot! Ouch! Of course, I landed on the hand with the towel instead of the floaty. There was a crack in the pavement of a passover the park had created to make it easier to get to the sand bar. I looked back to tell the kids to be careful of the crack and... thwack. Don't you just hate it when you do something like that?! Other than my bruised pride and a bloody knee, I made it home without serious injury.

We have been filling our final days of summer to the max. Thank goodness for Nana's and Aunt Ari's! The kids wouldn't be able to do as many activities as they are without them. For the past week, the kids have been taking swimming lessons at the pool in McMinnville. They are put on by the Red Cross and free. I took the lessons when I was little. You can follow all the stages and actually be certified to be a life guard when you finish all levels. They also teach you how to save someone that may have fallen in, how to do CPR, and how to save yourself in the water. Aizley's lessons are at 6 while Colton doesn't have lessons until 8. Hence, Nana and Aunt Ari have been pitching in taking the kids back and forth. We still have one week left. The lessons are pretty thorough, but it makes for one late night.

Aizley enjoying her lesson. This is nothing for my little fish.

Colt patiently awaiting his turn.

Preparing to learn his self-rescue techniques in the 13'. Huge accomplishment for this little guy.

Having time in between classes allows for play on the awesome jungle jym, a favorite among all.



Hoping you guys are having a great summer as well. Next up for us, VACATION!!

5 comments:

Kevin and Pam said...

Those waterfalls are amazing! Looks like you are having a fun summer. We aren't doing as much as usual this summer. :( But we are still having a great time. Kind of iching for a roadtrip myself! School is starting early this year and my oldest has already started football practice. No roadtrips for us this year.

ArtworkByRuth said...

Wow, three years already!? I love the free swim lessons, wished ours would do so, then again we'd all need wet suits in the constant rain...
Great pics. Thanks for sharing!

Shelly and Carol said...

Conethia,
I think I may have fixed our blog comment settings. Sorry it wouldn't let you post earlier. The waterfalls look so beautiful, more importantly, so do the kids. My goodness how they are growing! Can't wait to hear about your upcoming vacation soon. Thanks once again for all your encouragement! *Hugs to ya all the way from Florida my friend!*

Siyang E Phoyadx said...

I just stopped by from a link on another blog. I happened to notice your countdown and realized that we may have been in Ukraine about the same time. We adopted March 21, 2009. Congratulations.

kate said...

You have had a perfect summer!