Despite the somewhat rough start to this holiday season, Christmas 2011 was wonderful! We had some unexpected surprises along the way, but attitudes were positive and festive. All the family was well and we had so much to be thankful for this year.
We started off the season, as usual, with a Christmas Eve feast at Babushka's house. The kids always stay the night before with Babushka and wrap all her presents. It amazes me that they love doing this so much considering that they can't even put a gift into a pretty bag at home, but I digress! We had an awesome turkey and dressing meal and then headed to the living room for presents. With 6 little ones running everywhere, there is always soooo much commotion. I was able to manage a few adorable pics...
Aizley's video camera ...
Colton loving his handmade wallet cousin Kaylee made for him. She made this wallet out of blue duct tape, complete with an interior pocket!
My grandmother with her 6 great-grand kids. Note: this picture was taken BEFORE the present exchange took place!
A long night of memory making, but oh how much fun it was. We headed home around 10 to get ready for Santa. Milk and cookies in place, we turned off all the lights, lite some candles, plugged in the tree and snuggles on the couch for the "Night Before Christmas" reading. Sure enough, we woke to stocking overflowing. It must have been the chocolate milk Colton had to leave for Santa!
Since Church services were on regular schedule for the day, we only opened stocking before heading out to service. Aizley got that DS she had been wanting and Colton ended up with a Razor Scooter from the jolly ole' elf. Oh yeah, Bob and I did give the kids one present before heading off to Church. We really couldn't hide it any longer in the daylight.....
This has to be one of the best gifts we have given them!!! Soaking wet with dew and in the 30's, but they had to have a "quick jump" before church. After services, we went home to open the remainder of the gifts that Papa and I had gotten the kids as well as their gifts to us. "Practical uses" was the theme this year since the kids got a trampoline from us and Santa brought so many neat toys!
Aizley opening her "slushie magic"
Colton showing off the dog tag that I had made for him.
Aizley enjoying her new jammies and bed spread.
Colton with his very own MP3 player. This guy sings and dances ALL THE TIME!
Of course, I think Papa and I had the best gifts of all!! My two turtle doves! The neck pillow and shaving set we got from the kids wasn't that bad either!
After the gift exchange, we cleaned up and headed to Aunt Murphy's house for Christmas dinner. Man, did we have several great meals over the holidays! Murphy had such a beautiful table set I had to snap a picture. I love the look on Mr. T's face in this photo!!
Of course, we exchanged gifts at Murphy's too. Aizley got such a beautiful jacket from Murphy. I think Murphy is trying to spoil my little lady!
Colton, when asked, needed a truck that rolled over. So, Uncle Jerry made sure that's what he got!
I think this holiday was perfect! All of our extended family was able to enjoy the season with us, the kids were in great moods, and the food, well, as usual I ate way to much. I think the kids got such a great kick out of seeing the joy in the faces of those they gave to. Colton would ask, "do you like it? can you use it?" to everyone and would just beam when they responded with excitement. He actually giggled out loud when Aizley opened the gift he had gotten for her and she yelled "YES"! I have heard so many "thank you moma/papa for this! I just like it sooooo much!" Well, my little ones, you are so much more than welcomed!! Christmas 2011 is down in the books!!
Next up, New Year 2012!!
3 comments:
Nice - so glad you had a great time! Love the pictures!!!
I haven't been on in a while, but am so happy to see your family. They seem so joyous. They are really beautiful. I hope you've had a wonderful holiday. Happy New Year... Now back to reality!
What great memories! I love the idea of a duct tape wallet...will have to try it. :) Happy New Year!
Post a Comment