Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Last Month...

...has been very low key, routine even.  My hours at work have picked up a lot, hubby's work is in full swing and the kids are developing their own "lives" in a sense.  They have their sports, friends and activities that keep us all on the move. 

Colton has been hard at it with soccer this season.  3 hours of practice throughout the week kind of busy.  He loves it, though!  The league "shrunk" over the fall and the U10's are down to 3 small teams.  That means everyone gets to play, a lot, every game.  But that also means that there are 2 games each weekend.  So we have been spending from 8 in the morning to around 12 at the ball field every Saturday for the past 2 months.  One upside is the awesome tan I'm getting as a result of the "forced" exposure!  Below is a couple pics of my "Heartbreaker!" 

Seriously, Colt is playing for Harry's Heartbreakers. Here, the Heartbreakers are taking on the Pirates...



Colt on a run against the Law Dawgs...




Aizley is preparing to say goodbye to her Elementary school and move to the big Middle School next school year.  As a "graduation" of sorts for the 5th graders, each year the departing class puts on a musical.  This years theme was "Like, Totally 80's".  Some of the kids belted out Cyndi Lauper's "True Colors", a rendition of Joan Jett's "I Love Rock-n-Roll" was one of the favorites, but I think the Blues Brother's actually stole the live performances.  Some of the  more reserved kiddos danced with their teachers to famous songs from the time.  Michael Jackson's "Thriller" was dead on and the "Flashdance" was hilarious.  But my fav was "Footloose".  Can you guess why?




Of course, Mother's Day was a great day.  We invited all the mom's in the family to a grill out on Saturday were we sent everyone home with enough food for the next day to minimize the cooking.  I awoke Sunday to home made cards (always a favorite) , a bowl of Lucky Charms and a rainy day.  I love rainy days!  We dressed for church and then came home to a nice, long, quiet nap.  It was heaven! 

Someone always tries to get bunny ears in one of the pictures without being noticed.  ALWAYS.  So, with Papa's help, I finally got one on both the kids. 


With only 1 more week of school and soccer, we are looking forward to a busy summer.  Both kids are working on their comprehension throughout the summer in hopes of testing out of ESL next school year.  Aizley is participating in the local swim club which starts the week after soccer is over.  Colton is on the fence about the swim team.  It might be embarrassing.  Sigh.  We are only getting 8 weeks off for summer this year so it will be short and sweet with swim meets, VBS, the Jamboree, our 4th Cookout and the local drive in that opened up 2 weeks ago.  Really,  $3 bucks to see whatever double feature they are showing that week and you can bring your own snacks.  Score!  We have decided to put off vacation until Fall Break which gives the kids (and mom and pop) all summer to work on extra spending money for our vacation.  Until later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading about the low-key and routine of your family! Thank you for continuing to post! HUGS! (and belated Happy Mother's Day!)

The McEacherns said...

Belated Happy Mother's Day! I know I've said it before, but I still think Aizley could be a model!