No, No. I don't mean we have a travel date yet. We are in the process of updating our dossier. Most of our original documents expire in October, when we initially prepared for our dossier. Waiting almost 5 months for our I-171H and an additional 2 months for each county to authenticate our notories and your almost to the expiration date for your documents. This time, we are doing everything in person and are refusing to leave until we have the appropriate papers in hand.
In the mean time, we grow anxious and weary as most everyone does while waiting for such a big change in your life. The anticipation can kill. It seems we are trying to fill the void with stray dogs. We are now up to 7 dogs. I just can't seem to say no to the poor little things. Do you think they are symbolic of anything? Humm.
We also follow several people's blogs daily as they venture to Ukraine for their SDA appointments and meet those special kids that are going to enrich their lives. (Oh, how we envy them!) Just kidding. We try to learn any new tips for travel or experience that others share with us and pray for their safe return and for God to give them strength to make the right decision for their families and for the best interests of the adoptive kids.
2 comments:
Oh, I'm sorry. What a bummer. Now that we are home I can't wait to follow your journey.
I am waiting for your date too - I keep checking in to see. Hang in there!
Post a Comment