As you can tell from the title of this post, we have successfully updated our dossier and it is on its way to be translated!! Yeah! Now, all we have to do is....WAIT! We are hearing rumors that there are still several open postitions for dossiers to be accepted by the SDA (as many as 550). Again, that's second hand information. Currently, the SDA is processing ~40 applications per week. Two other couples from our charity are currently overseas and six of us are waiting to submit. We hope we can at least submit our dossier before the holidays to avoid another home study visit.
Jim Bob and I are planning a vacation to the beach in October. We plan to spend a week in Panama City Beach the first week of October. We are not expert fliers, so we thought we would take advantage of the opportunity and fly from Nashville through Atlanta and down to PCB for practice (what a great excuse, huh?). We are staying at a very nice resort( which I am very excited about) on a golf course ( which Jim Bob is very excited about). A little of R and R never hurt anyone!
Just a little note, I have a very dear friend who has decided to adopt again. She returned home in March (I think it was) with a beautiful little girl from Russia and has decided to journey to Thailand to adopt this precious little boy with beautiful, cow eyes!! (Cow eyes are a compliment if you are wondering.) I joked with her that she and her husband will probably be back with their second child before Jim Bob and I return with ours. If your interested in adopting and time and simplicity are major issues for you, consider Thailand. Compared to Russia, she says she has breezed through the process. More power to ya, girl!!
3 comments:
Hey girlie. I am glad to read that hopefully things are going a little better. I continue to hope and pray that I will soon be Auntie LB to a beautiful child or children. Give me a call if you ever need to talk. I love and miss you.
i know the waiting is hard, but be encouraged...it is worth the wait. We are in our 10 day wait bringing home 3 more cuties for a total of 4 from ukraine!
Blessings!
Stefanie
Thanks for the email. We are doing ok. Just getting back into the routine of life. I had to make the Blog private for several reasons, but will make it public again once things settle down. I hope you had fun in PCB. We almost went there for a little R&R last week ourselves. A friend offered their Condo to our family, but Ed and I both got sick so we declined. I know the weather was perfect! I am sure you had fun! Good luck. I will be folowing along.
Kristina
Post a Comment