...about Sophia. She is being adopted by another family!!! This is wonderful news! We are overjoyed that she has found her place with a "forever family" and will get the love and attention she deserves. Please, don't send me any smirky remarks asking "why couldn't we have taken care of Sophia and stepped up to adopt her as this other family has?!" We believe that Sophia is where she is supposed to be and do rejoice that God has united her with her family.
Slava Bogu!!!
16 comments:
YEAH!!!!! That's awesome! ;>)
that is great news for her & I know you are happy for her too. We are all anticipating good news for y'all too! Every conversation we have with anybody around here ends up being about y'all. We are praying still...Billy & Darlene
So happy that Sophia and her forever family have found each other!
How wonderful to get this news. I know this eases your heart as you cared deeply for her. Thinking of you and praying for your next meeting at the SDA!
if anything this only shows you made the right call - God meant her for another family! great news. i hope it brings you peace in knowing you were right!
- michelle
That's great that you were able to find out Sophia has a family. At least you know she'll be happy and not wonder what happened to her.
Praying for your next appointment.
June
That is wonderful that you have that closer with her. I am still hoping to hear that the chidlren we visited with have found there families. We knew we weren't their parents, but it is so hard not knowing if they have found them.
Best of luck with your third appointment!
Great news. See that was the reason that you turned down the referral. She was supposed to be someone else's child. We will keep praying that you hear about your next appointment soon.
Tammy
that is great news! God has a plan for each of His chilren! I am delighted she is with her forever family.
Waiting patiently to hear of your next SDA appointment.
Love & hugs
Lisa
It's so good of God to grant you this news right now. I see that in itself as an answer to prayer. Seek His face, He will guide.
I'm just catching up with all that's been going on the last few weeks--whew! You guys have had quite the whirlwind!
I did want to let you know that I will agree with what a few other posters have said about not feeling a connection right away. My DH and I went into our referral meeting really unsure if these were the two boys we were supposed to adopt. But we looked at it from the perspective of "we will adopt them unless there is something that we obviously cannot handle", instead of hoping for a connection or a sign of some sort. Just a thought as you're going into the third appointment.
I will say that our boys are definitely supposed to be ours, as unsure as we were in Ukraine!! :)
We adopted in Dec 2007 if you want to read our story on our blog.
We are so happy for Sophia. It is an awesome thing when your heart is burdened, and you find out that God was the one in control all along. She is where he meant her to be. We are still praying for your family as well, and the child that is meant for you.
Denenne
Don't let the naysayers get you down. God has a plan for you and He didn't put her in your heart's for a reason. He had another family in mind for her and for whatever reason, He used you to ease her transition to that family.
We are lifting you up big time in preparation of your next appointment...praying for you and your soon to be addition.
Hey you guys! We've been so busy here with all of the unknown in our case that we just saw that you had some unfortunate commenters - sorry you had to go through that! Unless people are here right now, they shouldn't be telling you about the way you should feel about those specific kids. You know Erik and I understand how hard it is to say "no" to a child, we talked about that a couple of weeks ago. When it's a definite "NO" you know it and it's best to say "no" now and not be sorry for the rest of your life. Keep trusting God and I know He will show you your kids!!! I hope you get your appt. soon! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
Erik and Natasha
I would love more information on that pizza place. We're here in Kiev and leave on Saturday. We pick up our papers from the SDA tomorrow. Good luck to you guys. If you head to Dniprozerzhinsk we might run into you! (richharts@msn.com)
I am just catching up on your blog and want to tell you not to give up. God will lead you to your child and has a plan for you just like Sophie. He had another plan for the little girl we were going to adopt also. It was sad she wasn't fo us but God knew best. One thing I have learned through this process is that sometimes the kids bond faster than we as parents do. Nobody ever warned me about that!
Post a Comment