
...we had such a great day. The kids were surprised to see us there. Elena wanted me to sit by her and Bob on the side. Yuri wouldn't be left out so he climbed into Bob's lap. The stage was very plain. Only a podeum set centerstage. The live orchestra (neat, huh) was just underneath the stage which I think the kids got a bigger kick out of them than the man reciting the poems.

Eventhough there were no pictures allowed, as seems to be the case in most of the buildings that we've been in, I did sneek one rushed picture. I believe you can see some of the orchestra members moving around there.
We had a great time sitting with the kids during the show. We didn't understand what the man was saying, however, he was funny to watch as he acted out what he was saying. Combine that with the funny tuba sounds and it's like watching a silent movie, sort of.
As the kids headed back to Ivankiv, we took advantage of walking around in this new area of town. We were right along the riverbank. We walked down to the pedestrian bridge, went up an incline railway and ended up at St. Sophia's Cathedral. This Cathedral is breathtaking!! No pictures were allowed in here either, but they wouldn't have captured the magnificance of the place. We then made it back down to Independence Square, stopped at Mickey D's for a shake, and then home we went. Such a great day. Highs were in the mid 60's!
Tomorrow we are heading back to Ivankiv after the kids get out of school, around 6. We are going to eat dinner with the kids. We should be the only family there tomorrow. Both the Spanish couple and the other American's have finished up there 10 day wait. We will have to bring enough orange slices for everyone.
Remember Final court on Friday...
7 comments:
So close you guys. Who would have thought you'd be there so long. I head back on Sunday to pick-up our daughter and finish the process.
You're almost there. We'll keep you in prayer on Thursday night. Glad you had fun at the theatre! :)
I'm so excited to hear about your trip to the play. I can imagine how much fun Yuri and Elena had with you. I thought it was so sweet that they wanted to sit by you and Yuri even sitting in Jim Bob's lap. How cute is that? It sounds like things couldn't be going any better in terms of your visits.
We are praying for your court hearing and will be so relieved (excited) when you are officially the parents of Yuri and Elena!!
You will never forget these early sweet moments. They too will have fond memories of being a family in their birth country! Praying for court on Friday!
Ah, the final stretch! Must feel good :) Excited to hear about your trip to the play. Sightseeing is always fun (and interesting).
I wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as you head into court on Friday. I hope all goes well and much more smoothly than you anticipate. I will be thinking about you and looking forward to your next post!
Hi guys! You should be finished now...it is after 6 pm on Friday! Hope all went smoothly today!
Post a Comment