This morning I woke up to more torturous pain in my tooth. Ouch!! After 3 days of pain, I decided to call for help and try to get some relief. Forgetting that today is like Good Friday back home (i.e. hit or miss on stores being open), we drove around town and found a pharmacy open. Everything you could need "OTC"! I left with some meds in hand to try and hold me over. We came back to the apartment and read over the instructions. After Jim Bob and Yuri (our facilitator's husband, not our son) decided that I looked horrible and that my face seemed "fat" (guys have such a way with words :)), Yuri and Yulia tried finding a dentist that would be open today. Successfully, Yuri found a "dental clinic" that was open today until 9pm! This place is like a teaching college back home. They did xrays, banged on my tooth, consulted a different doctor, banged on my tooth again, called in someone else for their opinion, and banged on my tooth once more then decided their plan of action. About two hours later, I was done and for a total of $12 bucks! Turns out we were the first Americans to visit there and they were "intimidated" and afraid that if they started something, we would have trouble getting it finished once home. So far, so good. Thanks for everyone's advice on visiting the dentist here. Now, I'm all set for "Gotcha Day" tomorrow!
Hopefully now I am all set and ready for our big day tomorrow! We are still looking at spending another week here in Ukraine with the kids. Great timing and all. There is a slight, miniscule chance we could leave on Saturday. We are praying sooooo very hard to get to leave on Saturday. We are just ready to get home. 55 days in, ya know. Oh well. We are having a good time. We have been here so long we know where to go and how to buy. The deli's near our apartment know us and rush to wait on us. We have taught one of the lady's how to say "chicken". She laughs everytime.
Have I mentioned that tomorrow is GOTCHA DAY!!!!!!
11 comments:
Hope Gotcha Day went well! Also glad your tooth is feeling better. I can't imagine 55 days, I was going stir crazy at 47 days. I guess that's just how it gets when you can see the end of the tunnel.
Natalie
www.adoptyaroslav.blogspot.com
SOOOOOOO glad you're feeling better. And SO incredibly glad tomorrow is Gotcha Day! What a day it will be! My one piece of advice is to take lots of pictures and be sure to set aside some time to journal about the experience. It will be priceless to the kids someday. Write not only about the events of the day...but your emotions. I wish I had that for my three older kids...and consider it the one priceless gift I can give Maddie.
Have an AWESOME day! :)
Yipee for a fixed tooth and the special day tomorrow. Soak it all in, I know you are so eager to "get the kids", but you will reflect back on this day for the rest of your life! Be sure to get pics with the kids best friends and favorite caretakers and their beds and whatever else that comes into play! So excited for all of you!
Stefanie
Glad that you got some help for your tooth - gee whiz, what timing!
Hope you have a wonderful Gotcha Day and can't wait to see pics!!
Day 55, do I remember that feeling of needing to go home so well! Although you will have me beat for time in Ukraine by a couple of days (58 for our first adoption 54 for our second) Happy "Gotcha Day" You most likely won't have lots of time to post these next couple of days, but you are in our thoughts and prayers! ALMOST DONE! YEAH!
So glad you found some relief!
Now, when is Gotcha Day? ;)
Have a great day tomorrow!
June
Glad you're feeling better.
Happy Gotcha Day!!
Oh my goodness...55 days!! That's crazy. Here I am thinking 6 weeks sounds long :) I'm so glad God gave you these children. You will be fantastic parents. Have a fun trip home. I'll be praying everything goes smooth from here on out.
Happy Gotcha Day!
Sorry I haven't commented lately. Weekends are always a little busier at home trying to do things for the kids, cleaning the house, laundry, soccer, etc. Time gets away from me and I didn't realize that it had been 3 days (posts) since I last commented. You are always on my mind and in my prayers.
So glad to hear that you were able to get some relief from the dentist. What a blessing. I understand your fear as I had the EMT come to our hotel room when I got the Russian flu. I was desperate to make my Embassy appointment the next day so we could come home. So, I understand the anxiety of going to see a specialist while in a foreign country. Glad it was inexpensive too.
So glad you are doing well. We are praying you are able to return home on Saturday so you can begin your transition to life in America. At least, Aizley and Colton have one another for help, conversation, support, etc. once home. I always think of mine and how scared she must have been. I sometimes think the wait b/w trips was a blessing as they allowed her to look through her photo books and receive weekly cards with photos of us.
Sorry to ramble. Looking forward to hearing about Gotcha Day!!
So glad you're feeling better, Conethia!!! There would be nothing worse to be feeling so bad on such an exciting day!!
Congratulations once again! And hope everything goes speedy fast with the passports, medicals and the Consulate's office!
Natasha
Blessings on your continued process. May you be home with the kiddos soon. So excited your Gotcha Day arrived. Hope your tooth does well from here on out too.
Jenna Campau
Post a Comment