Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Enjoying Home..

The kids are doing amazing. They still love helping around the house. Aizley wants to fold every piece of clothing that gets washed. They make their beds each morning and brush their teeth without fussing. "Way to go, Colton" (followed by a thumbs up), "good job, Aizley"! Have I mentioned that my kids are the greatest?!

We have been enjoying our bonding time since home. It has rained everyday since we have been back. In fact, it has rained for the past week or more. During the "rain break" yesterday, we went walking around the farm. It was so cute, everywhere we walked to the kids asked "is this America?"

On our walk, we ...

..played with the horses

..waded in the overflowing pond


..and picked tons of wild flowers


Then we came back in and had baked ham and macarooni salad topped off with sweet tea! Now that's what I'm talking 'bout!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet they think they've gone to heaven... and they're not far off. What a perfect home for kids! :)

Tami said...

Mmmm...sounds good. And sounds like the perfect way to spend the day! :)
Doesn't it seem weird to say, 'my kids?' While we wait so long to be able to say it, I found it the most unsettling (in a good way) part of the experience.
The first time I really felt it was when I called the doctor's office to set up an appointment for 'my son, Alek'. I got a hitch in my voice a few tears in my eyes. It was the BEST!
Congratulations...and welcome home! :)

Michelle said...

it's so amazing & wonderful to see pictures of the kids at home. i remember back when you were dealing with getting the right referrals, i prayed that God wouldn't let you leave ukraine without the child/ren He had for you, and that He'd give you the peace to know when you'd found them.

they look great - can't wait to keep praying you guys through this adjustment! :-)

- michelle

KO said...

It is great to see the joy on the kids' faces, and hear it in your voice. To us, there has been no greater joy, than the joy of adoption.

Carey and Norman said...

I love how you are enjoying time at home even in the rain. Too bad you had to come home during our rainy season (I think we've turned into the new Seattle). It looks like you are making the most of your time together anyways.

I'm so glad that Colton and Aizley are enjoying the farm and their new rooms/toys/clothes. What little helpers they are too!! I look forward to hearing more about your days now home. Just glad you are home and enjoying time with your children!

Kevin and Pam said...

Home Sweet Home! Isn't it the best after being gone so long! Beautiful America! I love your pictures.

Tim & Rita said...

Love the photos of your walk and glad that you are home. The children are precious and I can just see the love between all of you.
I know it took a long time, but I am sure you think it is worth all you went through.

Natasha said...

Man, I'm jealous!!! :)
And so, so, SOOOO happy for you!!!
It's raining in Seattle, too, so you're not alone with the rain. Hope we get some sunshine soon. :)

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Isn't it amazing how a few weeks can change your whole life?

Blessings on your new family!

June