Thursday, May 7, 2009

Just A Swingin'...

Things are still going great in the Turner house. Days as a family of four are going well. The kids are still sleeping well and are loving their days in America. They are bonding well with the grandparents, too. I may have mentioned that Nana's house is in walking distance from our house?! Needless to say, they see their Nana everyday which sets just fine with her.

Today, we actually had sunshine! We had full days outside. Aizley and I went to town looking for Sunday dresses and Colton went with Papa to pick up a surprise. It was a tire swing given to them by a dear friend. They spent most of the afternoon dirting their clothes on that thing :)



The kids still love helping out. They helped with dinner last night. We had Manwhiches and baked potatoes and grapes for dessert. Here are some pics of the kids helping to wash up.




Colton snapped this one while my back was turned (literally)!



Jim Bob is returning to work tomorrow. Yeah, we still have jobs :) Thanks Phil and Grady!! I am going to be off until the 18th. We did work things out so that one of us will be home with the kids through the summer at least.

Back to swingin'...

8 comments:

Michelle said...

it's so great seeing pictures of the kids at home... finally!

glad things continue to go well & that you're enjoying life as a family. praying for all of you!

- michelle

Natasha said...

Now that's what I call FUN!!!!
:)
SO happy for you guys!
Natasha

Jarka said...

the swing looks great! I wish I had one like that :D
-nice photos :)

Stefanie and Bill said...

Hi Guys, So glad things are going well! Keep that momemtum going with the children helping out! Add a few more "jobs" in as well!
So happy you are home and loving life!
Stefanie

Sam Sylar said...

I am glad things are working out well for you. Congratulations....

Tami said...

That tire swing looks like so much fun!!! Glad you'll be able to keep the kids home this summer. It will do wonders for the bonding process. ;>)

Carey and Norman said...

Glad you are enjoying your time at home. It looks like Aizley and Colten are having a wonderful time on the swing and around the farm. I'm glad that we've had a few, brief periods of sun for them to enjoy. They'll think they moved to Ireland with all this rain.

Looking forward to having lunch once you return to work!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful!!!! So happy for you and your beautiful family!!! What a great place you have for kids to grow up!!! I love the way things just work out, after the heartbreaking start to your adoption process...these pictures just make me smile! Has anyone told you that your daughter looks an awful lot like you!!
Best wishes!...and thanks for sharing your journey!
Kerri