Monday, May 4, 2009

We Made It..


...and things are going great. The flight went pretty well considering that we had two kids on a plane for a total of 15 hours and a 5 hour layover. We made it to Nashville at 9:30 Saturday night. The kids were give out. We all but dragged them through the airport. Of course Bob and I were wide eyed and bushy tailed to be home! Oh, home!! Walking through the terminal, we started hearing the sounds of my sister-in-law crying. Next thing we knew, she was hugging us soooo hard, I don't really remember the rest. Next thing I know, we were in the car driving down I-40 drinking Mt. Dew!

How many dinos can you hang on your face??


The homecoming was amazing!! Mom had decorated the house for the kids. They absolutely love ballons! Neither Aizley or Colton could believe their new beds, the bags of clothes that were given to them, or all their toys. Oh, and the dogs were such a big hit.



We had a "welcome home" lunch Sunday. Everyone brought food (and toys) and the kids were absolutely in heaven. They did amazing! So far (fingers crossed) no upsets or tantrums. Aizley has won over the hearts of all the men in the family. She LOVES her "uncle Jer-wee"! Colton can't stop talking about his "titika Murphy".

Aizley and the guys.


We are doing wonderful. We have had some of our church friends bring us prepared meals and volunteer to help in any way. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes. We made it HOME!!!

17 comments:

Tami said...

YAY!!!! Welcome home! What a wonderful feeling it is to walk through that airport, dog tired, and into the arms of your family. Enjoy some rest...and then get us some more pictures! :)

Debora Hoffmann said...

Hooray! Welcome HOME! :-)))

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

Hi! I've been reading your blog for a while now (I don't think I ever commented though). I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! I wish the VERY best for you and your family!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a journey!! ...and what a wonderful homecoming!!! Very Best wishes and thanks for sharing your story, it's been amazing!

Kerri

Unknown said...

ah, the goosebumps - truly wonderful :) :) praise God!!

junglemama said...

Welcome home! What a nice homecoming!

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Welcome home!

June

kdliberty said...

Welcome home! Praying everything continues to well! -KD

Trisha, Duane, and Family said...

OH...So...Glad your HOME!!!! Welcome to America to your new USA citizens;-). Many blessings and best wishes...Trisha (mom2b4#10)

kelly said...

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home!!! :)
Kelly-Ohio

Natasha said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations once again!
Hope you keep up with your blog, at least every now and then...
Natasha

Kimberly said...

Yay! So glad you made it home ok!!! :) We're off to retrieve birth certificates today! Blessings to you and yours!

ArtworkByRuth said...

Welcome home! You were brave to have a party so soon, but so glad it worked out! God Bless and GET SOME REST!

Teresa said...

I am from South Carolina & have also been following your journey! What an experience for everyone. I am a social worker & have several families in the process of adopting from Ukraine - - you will be an inspiration to others to follow!
God bless and happiness always!

kate said...

What good news! Welcome home. Now the real adventure begins...

Carey and Norman said...

Yeah, you're home! I loved all the photos from the plane and the house decorated. What an exciting return home for you. I know how excited you are to finally be home! I cannot wait to meet for lunch soon!!