Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Of Course You Can!!!

Another crazy weeks in the books! We finally finished swimming lessons Friday. Man, those last 4 days of lessons were cold. You would never know it was the middle of July in TN with temperatures in the low 70's! It's been so amazingly beautiful outside but a little cold for swimming. By the time we left Friday night at 9:30, it was 55 degrees (so my car said)! Burr! Don't worry, they kids only got their feet wet as it was Fun Day, the last day of lessons and the day they both passes onto the next level. Way to go, kids!



We have filled our last few days of summer before school starts in 2 weeks with as many activities as we can. Saturday, we went to Rock Island State Park. We spent the day playing on the playground, hiking the trails and poking "crawdaddy's" with sticks.







We have also spent the last two nights chillin' at home. What a luxury to be at home! Both of the kids took turns "cooking" dinner. Aizley fixed a Coca-Cola ham with mashed potatoes and Colton fixed a salad and corn on the cob. Yum. We then played a family game of hide and seek in the corn field. The dogs even got in on the fun. After a great meal and a fun game, we sat outside watching the dogs play in the yard. Aizley said "moma, today was cool. can me stay in America?" I couldn't help getting teary eyed at this. "Of course you can, always and forever! You and Colton." Aizley replies, "you and papa want me in America?" "Of course we want you!! We wouldn't know what to do without you and Colton!"

With the brightest smile I've ever seen, I think it's finally clicked within her that (unlike when they went to Spain and Italy the past two summers) they do not have to return to Ukraine. That they finally have a family, babushka's and dedushka's, titika's and uncle's to boot!

Love ya, kiddos!

We couldn't be still for long (it seems). Tonight's adventure, the county fair! I've already scheduled my chiropractor for Thursday if I can make it that long :)

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

They are so cute and adjusting well. :) Can you believe school starts in two weeks?!. I think I've got mine registered properly. It's funny going from 0 to 4 school age children! Today we did some worksheets and work on the computer. Just in case you're looking for activities, several friends have sent me resources. I will post about it tomorrow. Meanwhile, a good one is www.starfall.com. Blessings to you and your crew!

jrkarlen said...

With as much as ya'll enjoy the outdoors, you might want to consider geocaching! Daniel enjoys finding the "treasures".

Carey and Norman said...

Looks like you are having fun. It sounds like you are keeping Aizley and Colton busy this summer. I'm glad they enjoyed the visits to the parks.

How sweet that Aizley asked if she could stay in America. We forget that our little ones don't fully understand what is going on in their lives. We take it for granted as we've waited and gone through so much to get them here. Add the language barrier and I can see how it is all confusing (especially since she spent time in Spain and Italy). Glad she is happy and found her home!

Thinking of you!

kate said...

What a bittersweet moment. It sounds like she really didn't understand this was forever. I bet once school starts and the summer slips away and she finds herself still safely at home with you it will REALLY feel like the beginning of forever. (In a good way!)

The McEacherns said...

What a story! I can only imagine the smile when a kid realizes that their new family is forever!

ArtworkByRuth said...

Do you even remember your life before the kids LOL? So glad you are enjoying your time together!

Kevin and Pam said...

How much fun hide and seek in the corn fields! I want to play. Your heart must have half broke knowing they thought they might have to go back to Ukraine. I guess that says they Love you guys that they want to stay in America!