It's hard to believe it's the middle of July already. We have been sooooo very busy over the past two months. As soon as summer school was out (June 25th)we started VBS which lasted until July 3rd. We had a very big, active July 4th weekend which lead into our 2 week long swimming lessons. Every night until 9:30 we are at the Civic Center. Considering the whirlwind the kids have been on for the past few weeks, they are handling things in stride. I am very proud of their attitudes toward all the activities, however, we have had a few minor meltdowns. I think, considering that their schedules have been turned upside down for the past 2 weeks especially, that is something to be happy about. We have had to implement naptimes, again, to combat that whiney attitude that Miss Aizley just can't seem to overcome. Colton has his "personal time" (as he refuses to sleep)in his room. It finally caught up with him last Wednesday as we (Colton and I) had to miss swimming lessons and chill at home because we just couldn't pull our selves together. I must admit, I enjoyed the "time out" as I was ready for an evening at home. Despite the uproar, we have had a great time.
Here we are playing on the Jungle Jym at the pool before classes start.


Can you spot Colton?

Aizley is such a ham!

Last Saturday was Cousin Treyton's birthday. We had a great time at his swim party. Happy Birthday, Treyton!



The kids also experienced their first Pinata. I have a video of the kids trying to break open this pinata. The video is hard to watch because the camera was bouncing up and down as I was laughing so hard at Colton. After we blind folded him and spinned him around, we all had to run from him and that out of control whacking stick. He hit the tree, the swing set, Uncle Jerry. I fell over the flowers in the yard as I was backing out of the way. He is such a goofy guy!

Candy, Candy, Candy!!

One more development that I must mention. Aizley has her first "crush". It's a cute brown-headed boy that is in the same swim class as she is in. I don't know if you can see me rolling my eyes and pulling my hair, but I am. Aaahhh!
2 comments:
Love that Colton and Aizley are enjoying their summer. I'm glad they are enjoying swimming lessons. How fun to get to destroy their first pinata. What a fun treat!
As for the boys....I was hoping you would have a few more years before you had to worry about that! Ha. I know I won't be ready until mine are at least 20 :o)
Your summer sounds as busy as our summer! The kids are really enjoying all the activity so much that we have regular meltdowns from Justin when he has to do anything besides having fun! Routine is something I am trying to have at least every once in awhile!
Post a Comment