Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving...

"Rejoice in the Lord, I say, Rejoice"

Where to begin?! This past year has been a very emotional, hard, yet ever so rewarding year. One year ago to the day of Thanksgiving (26th), our dossier was submitted! I remember that being a very hard time for me especially. We were going into our 2nd holiday season since deciding to proceed with the adoption and I was just depressed. Just outright sad. I should have realized/known that God was and always is in control yet often I let my own selfishness take control of my thoughts. Had things not worked out the exact way they did, we would never have been introduced to our amazing kids. While talking over the holidays with the kids, explaining the purpose of Thanksgiving I can't begin to really grasp all the wonderful blessings God has granted upon us.

I am thankful for the great, supportive family we have. The family who never asked "why" when we announced our decision to adopt rather than have our "own" children, but who, when told, jumped with joy and enwrapped us with hugs. I am thankful for the amazing friends we have. To my dearest friend in the world who, when I called to ask if she would be a referral for us, knew the moment I said "would you write a letter for us" what we were doing. I am thankful for the house we OWN! I am thankful for the job that I have that enables me the time I need for my family while still providing my family with the necessities and the "extras" we love. I am thankful for the beauty of nature, the wonderful Father in Heaven and the ability to take all problems to Him while still rejoicing in His blessings. I am overly thankful for the ability we had to travel overseas. For the ability to live among another culture, to open our eyes to the wonders of far off places, for the friends that we maintain contact with overseas and the ties that brought us to our kids. Mostly, I am thankful for God leading us to our kids. Despite the hard time we had in meeting them, the wait was so very worth it!!!


I am thankful that the kids have been accepted as well as they have. That they have adjusted to their new environment surprisingly without too much drama. Thay they are doing so well with school and socially, making friends and having the ability to share with others. That they know they are loved and that they recipricate that love to their family. Thank You, Dear Lord!!

I am also thankful for technology. I love all the information available at my fingertips. I have learned so much and made so many new friends through the information super highway. I have even been awarded the...


The Kayser's nominated me for this award. Shad and Jen traveled near the same time we did and it has been a joy to watch their family grow from a family of 5 to a family of 7.

As per the game, you are to ...
1. accept the award and post it to your blog, while linking the person who nominated you for the award
2. nominate 15 other families for the award. make sure to notify them of the nomination.

And the nominees are...
1. The Vaughn's A very close friend who lives very near to us and was my rock while in Ukraine. They are currently working on their 2nd adoption of a boy from China in need of open-heart surgery. (private)

2. Natasha's Kids We met Natasha and Eric through our blogs and while in Ukraine. She (being from Ukraine) took us on a "mini" tour of the WW2 museum and was a great escape while in country. They are now enjoying their new daughter.

3. Spirit of Adoption Kevin and Pam have always offered great encouragement to me and several other families. They are now home with a new addition to their family and enjoying the life of their growing family.

4. The Pretre's Alan has a great joy surrounding him and was a wonderful encouragement to us and other families when we needed a pat on the pack.

5. Adoptyaroslav Natalie is a very real blogger and I find great strength in her devotion to her son, Y.

6. Be the Glory This is such an inspirational blog. Just check out Kimberly and her amazing children!!

7.Slava Bogu Deb is an amazing lady who fights for the rights of her family while keeping her thanks to the Lord.

8. Moser Duo Check out this precious little boy. The Moser's are a wonderful family enjoying their new son.

9. The Neverending Story Bill and Stephanie have been amazing rocks of encouragement to me and countless others. Check out their handsome boys!!

10. Karlen's Kelly is such and uplifting person. It's fun to watch as her precious son grows.

Ok, I am a little short of the 15 required. Many of these friends have already been nominated. I will try to add more later.

I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday. I know we have many things to be thankful for. As Aizley wrote in her "Aizley's First Feast" story (using her spelling words to make a story), Aizley was most excited about "pudding" and Colton can't wait for "punkin' pie"!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

5 comments:

Stefanie and Bill said...

I was going to nominate you, but you were already chosen. I'm adding you anyways!
Stefanie

Natalie said...

Thanks for the nomination! I didn't see anything on my blog to accept, so I guess that time has passed. Just haven't been connected to the internet much for the past week. I love your list of thankful things. Gotta get working on one for myself.

Natalie
adoptyaroslav.blogspot.com

Kevin and Pam said...

Wow! Thanks for the nomination. I am glad we have been able to encourage you. You have been a great encouragement to us also!

ArtworkByRuth said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tim & Rita said...

Congrats on your award!

Thank you for always saying what I need to hear even when you havn't been told what I need to hear.

This too will be our 2nd holiday since our decsion to adopt. Even though I know that all of the setbacks are God's way of getting us to the children He wants us to have, it helps to see that others who hve been through the same thing we are going through.

Your blog always brightens my day.

Thank you for what you do.