Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Break...

What a whirlwind week. The kids have been out of school for spring break and they have been on the move every since. They started out last Friday having and Easter party at school. Both of the kids did very well with their egg hunts and brought home almost 60 eggs in total! They were so excited.


That night, they went to spent the night with their Babushka and it was Sunday before I saw them again!! They went to the park, played with cousins, ate lots of food and watched tons of tv. They love visiting with Babushka and just chillin'. I was a little beside myself. What to do with no kids around the house and a husband who works weekends?! Well, I ended up rearranging the bed in my room, washing EVERYTHING in sight, changing out summer and winter clothes. I really know how to enjoy my alone time, right?!

On Tuesday, we had our final visit with Mrs. Lisa, our social worker. She is such a wonderful lady and dear friend and helped us more than ever while in Ukraine. She remarked at the amzing changes the kids have overcome, their amazing grasp and usage of the language and their overall size. Aizley pulled in a whopping 76 pounds! That's nearing 30 pounds she has gained in a year's time, not to mention the 6 inches she has grown! Colton has grown about 4 inches, my little shortstack and gained around 20 pounds!

We spent the rest of the week just kickin' it around the house. Papa and the kids have been working on tearing down an old outbuilding to make way for a new garage and we have just been soaking up the great weather. Friday, we went to say hello to our newest family members...




Two pigs whom the kids love to feed and the dogs love to continually bark at. Their names are Ham and Bacon! Our kids have a meniacle sense of humor! We laughed at their wallowing. Aren't they precious?!

We then went four wheeling. We stoped off to look for four-leaf clovers. Aizley kept looking until she did indeed find one which she pressed in her Tinkerbell book.

Colton didn't do as well, so I have him some of my "good loooook" which he lost before we got home.(eye rolling) I did get this sweet pose, though. Colton picked these buttercups for Bobo, the dog.


That Friday night, cousin Treyton stayed with us! There was so much jumping, yelling, squealing, and all around excitement, I got no pics of the event but no doubt a fun time was had by all.

Saturday night, we prepared for Easter by ironing everything. Aizley wanted beautiful hair, so I hot rolled it!

She thought she was the stuff with her cool hair! Colton was ever so excited about his tie. He had been talking about it for the longest but ended up "unraveled". Litterally. He was still adorable, I think.

Sunday was a full day. The bunny woke us up around 6 am! Yikes! They were pretty excited to say the least.

Just look at those faces...

They were happy Papa was able to go to church with us Sunday morning. He will be joining us every Sunday morning as he is now off the weekend shift.


Not a bad pic if I do say so!

We then headed for the Easter Egg hunt at Aunt Murphy's house. Four kids in total, 200+ eggs to find. Don't ask me how we ended up with all those eggs. I think they multiply ont their own!


Aizley ended up with both the Golden and the Silver egg! Colton found 71 eggs! They had a great time and the weather was great. We are looking forward to a calmer week but another crazy weekend. This weekends line up encludes the first soccer game of the season and Colton's Birthday!! I'm tired already! ;)

2 comments:

Kevin and Pam said...

Wow! What are you feeding those kids? Justin has only gained 4lbs. I have been a bit concerned so I asked the Dr. about it. She said he possibly just has a small frame. He has grown taller though. The Dr. wasn't overly concerned but told me to start giving him extra meals throughout the day. Love the names Ham and Bacon! Perfect! Are you going to eat the pigs later or are they just pets?

Stefanie and Bill said...

WOW. What a joy to see their joy! I hear you on the tired part! Bill and I are always saying we have never been so tired. Looks like they had a fantastic weekend! Love their outfits!