Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Past Two Weeks...

...have been calm, crazy busy, memorable, and tiring. Does that sum up everyone's typical week? We have been wearing down the school schedule, just waiting on the last 11 days to pass by. They have been doing a lot of fun activities at school which means a couple dollars here, nine dollars here, you know. We have been spending the evenings just relaxing for the most part, not trying to squeeze in hours of homework which is NICE!!!! Even the dogs have been lounging around (notice the straw hanging out the side of her mouth?)


With extra time in the afternoons, we have been trying new foods or real dinners instead of those quick fix meals we have grown accustomed to due to the chaos that homework brings. On this particular night, Colton wanted to try some hot sauce on his pizza. What can I say...


We tried kite flying one afternoon. We started out good before the wind broke the string off of Colton's awesome pig kite and the kite went air born. We ran through the field trying to catch the kite which was 10 times more fun than watching him actually try flying it. I finally had to get out the four-wheeler and go the 1/2 mile down the road to collect the now ripped and torn kite. We were all in stitches.



Aizley attended her first sleep over last Friday. She was excited to say the least. They enjoyed pizza outside and watched movies, so I was told. She came home from her sleep over with a pair of earrings, a new outfit and a pair of overalls! I should send her for sleep overs more often. "Did you sleep well?", I asked. "Mom, your not supposed to sleep there!" was the response I got. "Oh, I forgot", I said. I guess you save that for the next day after you get home.

6 comments:

Stefanie and Bill said...

oh my word. I can't believe school is out so soon. We have until the end of June! I feel like most everyday my kids come home from school needing money for this or that!
A sleepover! Sounds like a lot of fun! It won't be long until mine are asking to do the same! I'm holding off as long as possible!

ArtworkByRuth said...

Wow, wish to be lazy with all of you! I love the last photo of A sleeping! How cute. Show it at her wedding reception...

Natasha said...

How fun!!!
Colton and Ryan would get along quite well - Ryan LOVES hot sauce - the hotter, the better... :)
Ha - sleep over parties...Oksana has 2 of them for the next two weekends (and the weekend after that we're off cruising) - I'm actually not sure it'll be a good thing to let her go to both, even though she wants to, sooo badly...

Bergsjourney said...

Good for her - I'm glad she had a great time at the sleepover!

Deb

Carey and Norman said...

How fun to have a sleepover. I laughed at the day after photo. Too cute! And, hot sauce already. My word. Just like a man!!

Your children are just precious!

The Robinsons said...

The kite with the pig brings back so many oinker memories.LOL!