It was quite a surprise. It was very secluded but there were many families there lunching and dogs (on leashes) everywhere to the joyous surprise of my dog whisperers!
The kids jumped right in, taking to the 3/4 mile trail straight to the top of the falls.
It was a beautiful trail that ran directly beside the river. There were rock overhangs and little "FYI" stations throughout the trail telling about the function of the trail and the importance of the river during the founding of TN.
The picture above shows the swinging bridge that worker would use to haul away boulders and "safely cross the river during construction". Uh, yeah.
Aizley thought she would just run up to the top of this incline. She made it half way.
My handsome little dude waitin' on his sister to "show us something".
There were so many beautiful spots throughout the trail to just stop an take in the beauty. I think I know where we will take our next family photo.
We made it to the top and noticed a trail heading down right beside the falls to the bottom wading pool. So, down we went. The water was falling so hard we got drenched by the off spray. My hair decided to "Curly Sue" on me, hence no pictures of me to post!
After the labor intensive trek back up the side of the falls and Colton's "my feet aren't tired but I don't want to walk back down there" we had to break for lunch. I couldn't blame him, my calves are still aching. However, the fatigue quickly wore off and off they were again.
4 comments:
I can't believe you guys are walking around in fleeces!!! It was a WARM -6C today here. ;> (Really. That's warm.)
That third picture up is great!
What a fun day! Rita
Looks like a ton of fun! I love hiking it the woods and look forward to it with the kids, if it would ever warm up! A & C look so big and so happy. Love your updates!
Post a Comment