Cornbread of any variety, pinto beans, turkey legs, roasted corn on the cob, fried pickles, homemade fudge and jellies, sweet tea only sold in 32 oz. size cups and lemonade by the gallons! It was heaven!
There were so many things to do, like face painting
and balloon animals (it's a bear if you can't tell)!
Bunjee Bouncing was a big hit with Aizley.
Baby Braxton was taken away with the hand made wooden "SEEEEE-MMYYYYY's"
I was fascinated with this lady! Look at her go!! She clogged 3 songs and wasn't out of breath one bit. I pray that I can still go like that when I'm her age!!
You can always count on meeting some very interesting people at these events.
We met up with Aunt Ari and Aunt Vada half way through the day. They are always fund to ride things with the kids, so...we headed over to the carnival. They rode EVERYTHING!! Here's one of Ariel on this ferris wheel type thing that goes round and round while the wheel spins round that Aizley talked her into riding! Don't you love her expression?! Colton doesn't do well at all with circles of any kind. He helped me snap a few shots from the safety of the ground below!
After 4 hours of fun and heat, we began our journey home. "Just one more ride, Moma?!" Aizley asked as she bypassed me heading toward the merry go round.
It was a pretty great day all around. I even came home with a "I (heart) Cornbread" t-shirt! Colton asked that night after trying the 5 types of fudge we brought home, "when's the next festival?!" Aizley said, "this was the best day ever! I totally agree!
4 comments:
So sweet :)
Looks like you guys had lots of fun!
Fabulous! Just couldn't stop looking at all the SUNSHINE!
Happy Mother's Day!
How fun! Cornbread sounds really tasty right now!
Post a Comment