Both kids finished up school with flying colors. We are awaiting the results of Aizley's TCAP test. If she has done as well as Mrs. Melissa and I think, she will have tested out of ESL!!! Colton will again be in the accelerated math program next year as a result of his 100 end of the year average! I'm beaming with delight over these two kiddos and their will to do their best. As per Papa and I and the promise we made to the kids, we have planned a little get a way to reward the kids for their continual hard work at school. Last year was Dollywood. This year, it's a surprise!!
The kids, once again, planted a garden with Papa. Aizley decided to grow onions and Colton wanted cucumbers. They both wanted to help grow "tons and tons" of corn. We even planted some zucchini's. We are spending most of the evening carrying water to our garden as we haven't had rain in about 15 days, since planting the garden. My little zucchini is looking great, though. Some day soon, little zucchini, you will be an amazing loaf of bread!!
We have also been bombarded with wild animals. On the way to church one Sunday night, we opened the door to find a baby bird had gotten trapped inside the SUV. Poor guy must have been in there since Sunday service. Then, while washing the car one morning, I noticed the dogs had cornered this little guy. He was sooooo scared. After seting the dogs inside, we grabbed the camera.
As I've mentioned about the heat, TN has been meeting or breaking records for the past 2 weeks and the humidity is sufficating. We are doing our best to combat the heat...
Watermelon is always a great way to overcome that stuffy hot feeling....
As is birthday parties held at the creek...
This past Saturday, we celebrated baby Braxton's 3rd birthday. What better way to celebrate a hot birthday than at the wading creek. It was so much fun. 3 and 4 year olds running around splashing themselves and each other. Soaked diapers could be seen from miles around!
Braxton blowing out the candles on his "Meeeee-key Mow" cake.
When you are 3 and a obsessive compulsive about clean hands, this is how you tear into your cupcakes...
With cake time over, off to the creek they went.
"Mom, can I get just a little bit wet?" "Sure, Aizley. But try to stay as dry as you can, OK?!" "OK, Mom!" Who didn't see that one coming?!
Yesterday, we got our first break from the tremendous heat in the form of a sever thunderstorm. We're talking 3" in an hour and a half! That amount of rain always invites good "puddle jumping".
Hope all are soaking up the "fun and sun". Isn't it fall yet?!
5 comments:
Congrats on your kiddos' hard work this year. I can't wait to hear about your surprise trip.
I think the creek birthday party was genius!
A creek birthday party sounds just ideal. I'm sure they all had a great time. Congratulations to the kids on a successful school year. Rita
Way to go, Aizley and Colton!!!! Wow, that's awesome!
Enjoy your summer - ours hasn't come yet, we're still waiting. It's warmer but not much warmer. :)
You all always have so much fun! Enjoy your surprise trip and congrats on your great students! What an awesome opportunity they have to excel!!
Love the watermelon pics! You are so generous! I may have to try that!
Here's to completing another year! Have a wonderful summer! If you summer goes anything like what your first photos display, you are going to have a great one! Stefanie
Post a Comment