Last Sunday,through some super- amazing coupon deals, we came upon some tickets to the Grand Ole Opry to see none other than ....The Rockettes! Their "Country Christmas" show is amazing!! Bob and I went back 10 years ago during the first performance with some friends from college, and again 5 years ago with Bob's grandmother but this year's show was the best! It probably was the company!! Aizley stayed on the edge of her seat. It was the perfect gift for her. The only downside was no photos allowed inside the entire Opry.
While going through some paperwork from the kids' adoption, organizing, etc, I found a gift card to Olive Garden that a dear friend had given us. We had never redeemed the card as they gave it to us right before we traveled to Kiev. Out of curiosity, I called the 800 number on the back and was told the value of the card was still honored!! So, as a super bonus we stopped at Olive Garden on the way home!! Score! The kids love eating at any new spot and the "Garden" (as Colt would say) is the "bomb".
This past Saturday, Babushka and Dedushka decided to take Aizley out to eat for her birthday as well. We met at the local Arby's after a bit of Christmas shopping. I love that Aizley is so content with the simplest of things. She was overjoyed with the $10 bucks she got from Babushka. On the way home, she asked if I would stop at Roses so she could finish her Christmas shopping with the ten dollars?! I love that girl's spirit!!
Then yesterday, to top off the "week of fun things", Nona and Aunt Murphy came to our house to have cupcakes with Aizley. After a while of rolling in the corn crib, the new "favorite" around our house (less messy than sand) Aizley was ready to head in. She wanted surprise cupcakes, so out came Strawberry cupcakes with colorful squiggles. She though the candle topper I found was to sweet and wanted to keep that as well.
Not to be outdone, Nana's house shoes were the "it" gift. Thursday is PJ day at school. Guess which shoes she wants to wear?
Here's to many more wonderful birthdays my "mini me". We love you so much!! Happy Birthday!!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Aizley! You are growing up all too fast! I hope you had a special day! :)
Happy 11th, Aizley!
Post a Comment