It's that time again. I LOVE the holidays! I will admit that the season did not get of to the start I had envisioned. No joyously stringing popcorn for the tree while listening to "The Grinch" cartoon in the background. We just can't seem to get over this fussy bug that has been going around. I know it's all part of growing up... and the "newness" has worn off for the kids, this being their 3rd holiday with us. They know what to expect this go 'round. "It's just not as fun as it was when we first came." I can understand that, even though my heart sank just a little. Still, I try bringing in new ideas for the holidays and take what I can get from either of the kids whenever they are ready to share anything with me. Like hanging Colton's favorite ornament, together!
And reminiscing about when we took this picture on that very cold (9 degree, funny how I remember that!) day.
Or looking back at the kids enjoying their 1st snow since arriving home. I remember saying "we don't get much snow here, not like in Ukraine!" I remember Aizley saying "I thought you didn't get snow, moma?!"
I still love getting all these memories out! I love hanging each and every one in that perfect spot with the most tender of care. I love when I get to add new ones to my "collection", like the snowflake that Colton saw sitting on the art teacher's desk and waiting after school so she could show him how to make one. "I was a late car rider today, moma, because I waited for Mrs. Art Teacher to show me how to make a snowflake for you!" Melt my heart! Though the "magic" is dwindling slightly from my 9 and soon to be 11 year old, I'm still soaking it all in.
I still have a couple of magical surprises in my back pocket. Call me worried, but I want the kids to enjoy the season as long as they possibly can. All the fun of the season and the joy of being together. Feeling a little down myself over the weekend, I thought we could use a little Christmas starter. So... we headed to the parade! Aizley was quite excited about the parade. My little man, not so much. "It's embarrassing" sitting on the sidewalk. That attitude was adverted the moment the parade started and the girl scout troop began throwing sour heads on the street. "I didn't know they would do that!" "Are you excited we came now?"...
I should have thought the candy would bring one certain dude around.
Running back with his pockets as full as he could get them. Then the horses began coming. Stand back!! My equestrian couldn't resist. The guy on the horse even gave the kids coupons for FREE MILKSHAKES! Can you say HEAVEN?!
Finally, the moment arrived. Santa had made it to the parade. That would bring a smile to even the most
grinchiest of all!!
1 comment:
I hope the rest of the season goes well and without whinies. :)
Post a Comment