Summer is here in full swing. Man, it's hot in the south!! There isn't too much one can attempt with temps hovering around 100. So, we have been tackling books INSIDE. The kids joined the library's summer reading enlistment and are attempting to read a set number of books before the end of the program next week. Aizley is "gun ho" over the project being the reader she is. Colton, on the other, needs a little motivation ;) However, he has found a couple of books he adored reading. Thank you, Roald Dahl!!
On the rare occasion we get out doors. The boys have been working in the garden. Colton is obsessed with Cucumbers. He planted 3 rows of them!
The dogs take advantage of the freshly tilled ground. I think I give a bath to Buddy at least every other day. This picture was taken just after he was sprayed by a skunk while running with me one night. Man, I had to throw my clothes away the smell was soooooo bad! A week later and Buddy is still stinky!
Aizley decided to work on her Christmas lists already. She has ideas as to what gifts she is getting most everyone in the family. She also has an idea of what she is going to ask for this year as well ;
Colton is usually found in some situation with the dogs. He took this picture himself. He is getting quite good at taking photos. Perhaps a job as a professional photographer for National Geographics lies in his future!
2 comments:
Hello Turners! We, too are feeling the heat! The kids look amazing and I am glad you guys are enjoying the summer! Loved the photo of JB in the pool! Too funny!
Hey Turners! Hot here in the south west also! Your kids are growing so fast! I miss chatting with everyone but now that I have reached a transition point maybe I will find more time. I am planning on taking a trip to TN to see my family this summer - hope the heat passes!
Post a Comment