Monday, July 30, 2012

Summer....Where Did It Go?

Can you believe that tomorrow I have to register Aizley for Middle School?  Really, 1).  I have a MIDDLE SCHOOLER !! 2). What happened to the summer?  While I do long for the structure of school days as, let's face it, the kids need to know their schedule from day to day- less drama all around, I miss getting to hand out with the kiddos.  We have done so little this summer.  True, we have read TONS of books and worked on Bible verses but we haven't been able to "explore" like we usually do.  Sigh! 


We have managed a few more excursions as the summer draws to an end.  The kids have stayed out of town with their great Aunt and Uncle for the weekend, worked on chores for spending money for their surprise "super, awesome vacation" this fall, they have hit up the movies 3 times in the past month for birthday parties and "just because it is to darn hot to be outside", swam as little fish do, and we tore up the DeKalb County Fair. The Fair has become our last "hoorah" to summer and the weather was perfect for the evening.  


The slide, always a favorite....

I love their expressions...
This has to be my favorite photo of them enjoying their night...
Aizley looks so cool, don't you agree?!
Of course, the kiddos still love the petting zoo.  I missed the photo of this camel sneezing on Colt's head!  I was a bad mom, I was too busy laughing along with the kids at the sight!  Luckily, the restroom was right around the corner...

What a way to wrap up the summer.  Middle school, here we come!





5 comments:

Stefanie and Bill said...

They are growing up so fast!!! Especially Aizley! Got school supplies???? Have a wonderful start to the year!

Stefanie and Bill said...

They are growing up so much...especially Aizley! Got those school supplies yet??? Have a great start to the new year!

The McEacherns said...

Middle school... yikes! My girls start school on Wednesday already!

I'm having a giveaway on my blog. Please come check it out!

Natasha Jones said...

I need to go register the kids as well. I have two that are going into 8th grade, and I can't even believe it. They've gotten sooo big this last year!
So glad to see your update and see happy faces. They are sooo darn adorable, Conethia!!! Hope the school year starts off nice and smooth for you.

Kelly said...

They are just growing up too fast aren't they? Where did these last three years go? I know the next ten are just going to fly by. Enjoy it! Blessings to you guys for a great school year!