However, Colton is back to his super self today! We have seen him upset before while at the orphanage. We think he just had "too much" of us, that he needs his personal time as well. This will be easier once we get home and have a whole house instead of two rooms to share. This morning, once I woke up, Colton was in bed with me. He must have woken up very early when Bob left to go back to Ivankiv with Yulia and Bob asked him to get in bed with me. He looked at the bruise on my hand were he bit me yesterday and gave me a kiss.


In fact, the kids did so well this morning entertaining themselves as I felt a little sick, that I took them to the store this afternoon to buy another outfit for the kids. They were great. They held my hand the whole way there. I let them have a choice of what they wanted (I picked two things I would buy for them and let them choose from them). The first thing they did was check the size. I had to laugh at this. When we went to check out, they actually listened when I said "no" to the candy so I secretly bought some suckers for them to have later on tonight.
We are now on day 59. It's looking more like we will be able to leave next Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed that we will miraculously get everything done and be home by Tuesday of next week.
5 comments:
One thing we learned very early on was that anytime we deviated from our daughters "routine" she got all out of whack! Even now....4+ years later she doesn't like her normal routine to be altered without advanced warning! LOL!
You guys sound like you're doing great! And the kids are SO very adorable!!!
Very Best Wishes!
Kerri
Your apartment looks like one we had in Kiev.
Best wishes on getting everything done quickly!
June
I know how frustrating the waiting and wanting to bring your new family home is, I feel for you guys!! You're doing great, just keep telling yourselves it will be soon :-)
ouch - sorry. it's always something over here huh? I'm hoping to get out on Thursday too - maybe we'll see each other at embassy!
Love how sneaky you were with the suckers. Too cute! Boy, you sure are learning this mom thing fast.
I loved, loved, loved the photo of Aizley laying down. It looks professional!
Glad you are enjoying your time together (sorry to hear of the bruise)!
Post a Comment